Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What were some of these people thinking entering this event? :idunno:

:mp5: :flame:

Does look like a bit of fun though!

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Some of those people had no business being in those matches. Half of them looked like they had "lunch" written on their foreheads. But...wow! Some devastating finishes in there, too.

Jagermeister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That was wicked. I wish more tournaments were like that. A tangent here (I'm new to this, so forgive me if this has already been discussed to death) - is it just me, or does it seem like UFC has lost the technical element and just turned into the Ultimate Brawling Championship?

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
If only the local tournaments where like that...

I think locally people are a little afraid of liability, but there is a good Edmonton tournament you can go to if you really want to fight that way. It has MMA, San Shou, sport jiu jitsu - it is out there if you want it.

Who knows, there are enough MMA clubs in Winnipeg that once a tournament gets established here it might be a possibility. All the MMA instructor/owners should get together and get something organised, the interest is definitely there.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Please excuse my late entry to this thread, and my interference on other's territory, but...
I really enjoyed the video, I know very little about either BJJ or IKF TKD, but from the little I do know, I am guessing that the white uniforms were TKD and the blue uniforms were BJJ (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time) and from what I saw both parties made a reasonable account of themselves "out of their element" so to speak, some of the grapplers did a pretty good job in the stand up stakes and vice-versa.
Like I said, an unqualified opinion from an outsider, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Some of those guys will probably never compete again from the injuries sustained...oh well, they knew that when they entered.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
green meanie said:
Wow! Good stuff. The spinning kick to the face (about two minutes in) was especially sweet.

:)

I'm wondering if that dude walked out of the tournament. The angle his head snapped, looked like the kick was dead on. I can break five boards with my jump spinning side kick. I know that if I nailed someone dead on in the face who was charging me, they would probably be pushing up daisies afterward.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Since some competitors were BJJ and some were ITF TKD, it made me wonder how these two styles fared against each other with scores. Any one know?

- Ceicei

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, This was a great video!!!! 10 points for sure...!!!
Looks like the closest thing to real fighting.....? ............Enjoy every minute of it.............Aloha

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
Actually, I think that was Japanese Jujitsu practitioners for the most part ;)

Go back to that original link and look at the right column. There is a short blurb that says:

Jujitsu tournament in Poland with the added factor of striking included. Some of the participants are from well-known BJJ clubs in Poland and some are also ITF TKD competitors."

That is what led me to ask my question.

- Ceicei