Free Knives

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Win these knives, free!

freeknives.jpg

Subscribe to The Martialist before August 15 and be the one lucky subscriber to win this grab bag of free knives! Knives include two BOSS Cheetahs, several M-Techs, a CRKT "Stiff K.I.S.S.," three rubber-handled neck knives, and a Chinese knockoff copy of the Cold Steel Spike. I've picked a number between 1 and 500. Be the subscriber closest to the number I picked and you win the knives, free and clear. You must be 21 to win and you must enter using PayPal to subscribe.

Click Here to Enter by Subscribing to The Martialist

Here's the thing -- I'll send a ten-dollar payment BACK to the winner, which means the winner gets both the knives and a free subscription for having won.

OP
P

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Not too many responses yet -- I strongly encourage those who have not done so to subscribe, because the sooner you do, the better your chances of winning, hint, hint.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
O.K. Phil, I subscribed. Although, I am sure that I didn't win a damn thing...I never win anything :(

Well, at least I have your e-zine subscription...so I guess we both win there, right? :D

:asian:

OP
P

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Don't count yourself out yet, Paul. It will depend on the total number of subscribers, of course, but you've got a good chance. And yes, you get the subscriber content.

On Monday I will mail out or make available for download the three issues we've got out so far -- May, June, and July -- to all new subscribers. (Everyone gets a "charter subscription" so they miss nothing that has taken place so far.)

Everyone else, you too have a good chance of winning, particularly if you subscribe sooner rather than later. :) No one under 21 can win, however -- I can't just mail sharp knives to the neighborhood children. ;)

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sharp Phil
Don't count yourself out yet, Paul. It will depend on the total number of subscribers, of course, but you've got a good chance. And yes, you get the subscriber content.

On Monday I will mail out or make available for download the three issues we've got out so far -- May, June, and July -- to all new subscribers. (Everyone gets a "charter subscription" so they miss nothing that has taken place so far.)

Everyone else, you too have a good chance of winning, particularly if you subscribe sooner rather than later. :) No one under 21 can win, however -- I can't just mail sharp knives to the neighborhood children. ;)

Darn it! So does this mean that I shouldn't be mailing out apples with razor blades in them either? :p

I look forward to reading your publication, Phil

:D

PAUL

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
please remember:

butterfly style knives are not legal in california and several other states.

OP
P

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'll be double-checking with the eventual winner to make sure I'm not shipping him or her anything he or she can't have.

If you haven't yet subscribed, you really should do so soon -- the sooner you do, the better your chances of winning. :)

Turner

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've been meaning to sign up for the martialist, a chance at free knives is always a good incentive for me to do something that I've been meaning to do!

Doug Turner

J

J-kid

Hey i am 16 and i would love to add those to my collection.

Can i enter if i get my parents parmission?

Also i already have about 8 full size blades of diffrent kinds.

OP
P

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sorry -- if you're 16 you shouldn't even be reading The Martialist. :(

OP
P

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Because it's a very frank, often harsh publication intended for adults, that's why. There's a big notice on the home page that says so.

J

J-kid

Consider me more like 20 then you would a 16 year old.

thats how i act thats how i look and i do much of the same stuff.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JK-

I like ya, but you're not going to win this one. Mr. Elmore isn't going to bend his rules, and he doesn't have to, because its his magazine. Also, depending on where you live, he could get into trouble for sending you weapons, since you are underage.

Probably the only way you could enter is if you got your parents to subscribe.

Also... You remind me of a lot of other sixteen year olds I know.
don't be in such a hurry to grow up.

-N-

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Phils publication is aimed at a particular niche, and to cover himself legally, is following certain guidelilnes. I agree with him fully on this.

Conserning Playboy: "Adult" magazines are usually not sold over the counter to persons under 18...The WaldenBooks I used to work at wouldn't sell em to anyone under 21. Yes, I had a subscription at 15. Yes I'll agree you can find 'harder' online. There are still laws and liability issues. Hell, I seriously considered at one time restricting MT to 18+ only. But, that would have denied us the pleasure of MOB's company. :)

BTW: I've seen stuff that would make Rotten.com look like a Dr. Seus book. I wouldn't show it to anyone under 21 no matter how much I liked em...or hated em.

Peace.
:asian:

K

KenpoGirl

I subscribed pretty early, does that mean I have a good chance? :D

I'm looking forward to receiving the magazines. Maybe I'll learn something to surprise my instructor with. ;)

Dot

Latest Discussions