Fred Phelps Thanks God for the Shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You know, I'm all for freedom of speech, but really? This guy makes it so ********** hard so very often. Apparently they plan on picketing the funeral of the 9 year old little girl.

The video is quite honestly, disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I love you dearly Ken, but who gives a flying crap what Fred Phelps says? You're just feeding into their agenda by giving him any attention at all. He doesn't deserve it.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have to agree with Flea. Who cares about anything Fred Phelps says? What does he have, like 50 people who follow him? And yet people let him get under their skin. He's like the KKK. Best thing to do is to ignore him.

Pax,

Chris

OP
Ken Morgan

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I was so shocked that this little SOB would protest at the funeral of a 9 year old. I think there needs to be a unified strategy when dealing with this…person.

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me at all. They're all about milking any tragedy for the best shock value they can get. It's either her or the US Marshall, and she'll deliver the best bang for their travel budget. Dead soldiers and federal officials are totally cliche for them now. Time to move on ...

(And, predictably, I've contradicted my own advice. Phelps' tactics grab another one.)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think its important to note that the KKK didn't really go away by people ignoring them. They went away because the Southern Poverty Law Center sued them on a civil rights case -- and won. The $10 Million judgment against the Klan bankrupted the organization.

Of course, that's harder to do when the org is made of a family of lawyers, rather than a bunch of ignorant idjits.

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
The SPLC keeps a close eye on them too.

It's odd though, don't you think? With all the animosity they've stirred up, and all the strange bedfellows they've created, you'd think someone would have created an organization with one single goal - suing them out of business. If the entire world wants to see them go away, why can't we generate enough donations to make that happen? Everything from the obvious harassment issue to fining them because the grass is too high on their compound - it brings down the property values, dontchaknow. They can't globetrot like this if they're always broke. Turnabout is fair play.

(Don't get on my case about censorship and all that - it's just fun to muse.)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smite them with withering humour, laugh at them, make fun of them. lampoon them. However sad a funeral may be imagine if the mourners turned to those people then pointed and laughed at them, laughed long and loud.
Take every opportunity to laugh at them, make jokes about them,draw cartoons about them, turn them into a joke.
Remember Charlie Chaplin in the 'Great Dictator'. The point is to show they have no power over us, that they are insignificant. Of all things they would find the worst would be to be reduced to a joke and dismissed as such.

It would be hard in the face of such obnoxious people to find humour but people could do it, they would be have to be careful not to libel or slander them but a simple ' oh those Phelps people' followed by gales of laughter would do it. The trick is to appear not to take them seriously.

Latest Discussions