Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Got this from Dennis Conatser.
Mr. Frank Trejo UPDATE
There has been a of of inquiries about Mr. Trejo's medical status. Mr. Trejo has asked me disclose his current medical status and give all his close friends and Kenpo family around the world the following update:

Due to blood circulation complications from diabetes Mr. Trejo lost his middle finger on his left hand on Nov. 12th. On Nov 19th Mr. Trejo was admitted in the hospital due to further complications in his left arm and circulation of the amputated finger. His incision was not healing and became severely infected. The infection spread throughout his system and Mr. Trejo was put an a strong cycle of antibiotics to fight off the infection. Several medical procedures were conducted to attempt to increase the blood circulation in his left hand. Both procedures failed. Mr. Trejo had too much damage to the blood vessels.

It is with great sadness that I have to report that Mr. Trejo's hand can not be saved and is scheduled to be amputated just above the wrist to prevent further spread of the infection. The surgery is to take place tomorrow.

Mr. Trejo would like to thank all of you for your prayers and concerns. Mr. Trejo requests that ALL CALLS BE HELD to contact him. Please use Facebook or directly message/email me if you have any questions.

We will be setting up a webpage for donations to Mr. Trejo's medical fund.
We have a Paypal account set up if you would like to donate to his recovery. Medical expenses covered by his insurance is limited and medications and medical caregivers becomes costly. A $5.00 Donation from all his Facebook friends will go a long way!

the Pay Pay email address is :
[email protected]

Our hopes are to get Mr. Trejo back on the mats in a few months time.
Keep Mr. Trejo in you thoughts and prayers tomorrow.
Thank You
Angelo Collado
— with Frank Trejo.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow. Very sorry to hear this.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, Frank is a great guy. He will give you the shirt off his back, always been that way. He's been going through tough times. If you can find a few bucks to donate, it will be going to a good cause.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very saddening news. Definitely will be in our prayers tonight.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Removed my last post while I wait for confirmation of the severity of his situation.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From Facebook
[h=5]Angelo Collado[/h]5 hours ago

Mr Trejo's surgery went well. there were no complications and he is resting comfortably in recovery. Mr. Trejo and family thank you for all your support and prayers . More updates will be posted .

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Updating
Angelo Collado
42 minutes ago

[h=5]I just spent the morning with Mr. Trejo. He is stable and in good spirits. He is making jokes and crying at the same time. He had physical therapy today and walked the halls. When the therapist asked him about his balance he dropped his cane and started shadow boxing ,bobbing and weaving Trejo style! He said" I have just enough left to still knock you out with a left hook"..lol.
So he us doing well. Several several more days here then off to rehab hospital to get stronger. Still he request to hold your calls until next week. He needs to rest. Thank you all for your prayers and support.

[/h]

shima

K3NPO
Reaction score
Glad to hear his spirits are intact and he is on the road to recovery.

Forever Training

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers are with the Trejo family.

Who is Trejo? Check this out...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There will be a fund raising event for Frank on January 11,2014. You don't have to be a Kenpo practitioner to attend and show your support. I hope to see you there.
For more information call 626-793-2255.

Pasadena, CA