found some neat newspapers in my house

mj_lover

Blue Belt
Reaction score
doing some renovations in my house, under the flooring upstairs i found some old newspapers used as underlay, had all the articles from the lindburg abuction, from way back, just today in the wall in my kitchen a newspaper from 1933, wow, there comics were wierd..gotta love old houses :ultracool

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
mj_lover said:
doing some renovations in my house, under the flooring upstairs i found some old newspapers used as underlay, had all the articles from the lindburg abuction, from way back, just today in the wall in my kitchen a newspaper from 1933, wow, there comics were wierd..gotta love old houses :ultracool
My family has saved several newspapers from historic events over the years. My 19yr old son and I are both history buffs, so it's fun to pull them out now and then. I have the "1st Man on Moon", Kennedy assassination, and many others, but my favorite is an original copy of the Chicago Tribune with the headline "Dewey Defeats Truman" that my grandmother set aside way back then (1948). I'd love to see stuff on Lindbergh.

OP
mj_lover

mj_lover

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i can try and scan it if you want, kinda dirty though, was under a floor since the 30's.
history has always been a bit of a hobby of mine too, more medival european history for me, its really neat that you collect all those papers, can see them being a nice collection

wow...i can't spell tonight..

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Finding old papers can be interesting Looking at the names of people in town back when and seeing the same name (family) in todays papers shows (somtimes) how much families stay in place. Also just seeing what was important back then is fun

Latest Discussions