FMAT: Students

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Students
By Kailat - Mon, 23 Jun 2008 03:15:03 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Here's a question that I have never heard asked....

Does anyone have a student that can take you? In this, I mean that can actually kick your ***!

I ask this only as a question... I have some pretty healthy guys that train with and under me. Most of them all have background in various other arts. IE Karate, MMA, Boxing. They come to me to study and learn FMA.

We fight and we fight pretty hard for the most part. I feel sparring is a very good way to train and advance. We try to keep things at a level of respectful control but every now and again we get a little carried away. I realize as I get older, my flexibility and speed is getting tighter and slower.. And as I get in there and mix it up w/ the younger fellas I know they can rumble pretty good.

I look at this in a few different ways; For the ones that I know i've taught from scratch, and they are getting to be better fighters then my job is done... And for the otherones thathave background in other arts, I only hope to give them a better fighting edge, and a more keen way of fighting only to make them better.

I remember my old KARATE teacher would always hold certain techniques back from us, cause he said he needed a few extra techniques up his sleeve in case he had to fight us... IM LIKE WHAT? lol...

whats others opinions on this?

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions