FMAT: Hard core Skick Fighting with little padding: Is it a good thing or is it hype?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Hard core Skick Fighting with little padding: Is it a good thing or is it hype?
By Kali Cowboy - Mon, 28 Jan 2008 05:25:03 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Had a student quit FMA after he was blasted by a right cross and was out on his feet, but kept fighting till he finaly fell out. He remembered nothing except being blasted by a big man who out weighed him by 60 pounds. I broke them as soon as they went to the mat. The hurt fighter was fighting on instinct at this time. Later he complained of neck and back stiffness and took some time off. Just got a call from him that he was dropping out of FMA for good. This is a shame because the guy was good at what he had learned and now will never get the chance to experiance the real thing. I tell my guys that they do not have to fight if they do not want to. Nobody has declined to fight. Is this a good thing? We all must go to work tomorrow! Since the knock out incident I have toned down the hard core fighting in class. I am bringing people along more slowly. I love to fight but I am now 50 years old and am fighting very little any more. I watched the Dog Brothers on Fight Club the other night and saw them doing the same things we do. They have been doing it longer and have a much larger following than I do. But, I know and like all of my guys we like to bang sticks, but I would hate to see any more of them hurt or quit FMA. How macho do we have to be to be effective?

Sincerely,
Stephen Shy
God Bless

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions