FMAT: Selections of Informations

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Selections of Informations
By GrandTuhon Leo T Gaje Jr - Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:35:44 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

FMATALK represents the Filipino people using the word Filipino itself indicates the image,the personality and the character more with the culture.Anything mentioned about the FMA it represents the entire country.Any materials circulated using the thread refers back to the FMA since it specifically titled FMATALK. If the discussion has no reference to the FMA then that is not what the FMATalk is all about. But in the other hand, to accept materials and informations not thoroughly filtered and the subject became an issue detrimental to the Filipino culture,then any misinformations onced circulated became a question.

FMA practices in the Philippines as well other martial arts after thirty years of practices, new generations of Instructors converted the original system to something different , a creation of a new name with different title, like the Aikido became Tapondo, the Karate became Sikaran and so many conversions with so many titles just as FMA mixed with so many recipes.

If these people who changed and made title for themselves and their system considered to be an authority there should be a profound tract record to support their claims. And if anyone who represent his style or system must come out with the dignified personality more in the ability to teach with the quality worth to be called a Master or Instructor. To come out into the field of evangelizing the FMA one must be prepared to face the world of educated people and with confidence must lead as real Master. I have been confronted by people who attended seminars conducted by certain Filipinos who sells blackbelts for two hundred dollars for two day seminar. A Filipino culture sold for two hundred dollars in two days seminar with a blackbelt, how many up to this day have blackbelts in FMA.

Along this line of informations, anyone who contributes and be a part of the FMATAlK should be selected because if the background of the system or a person who is an instructor whose activity is cheapening the FMA and destroys the image of FMA, it affects the name Filipino. I myself was confronted in New York city many years ago by my known friends in othe martial Arts. They said Leo , your martial Arts is very cheap $200.00 for a blackbelt in two days. After several years had passed, I was again confronted do you issue 5th degree blackbelt after five seminars for $ 1,000 dollars and lately can give me Instructor certificate, I will pay how much, my friend got an instructor certificate for $ 500.00.

These are the kind of informations that are detrimental to the name FMA. People who uses the FMA as a means of corruption detroys the image of FMA. So, if there are names that are posted whose background had damage the FMA it should be screened and research should be done before it enters into the personality of FMA. It is not just having a name in FMA one to be considered an FMA practicioner or instructor but the true essence of what is a Filipino. If you are an FMA student or instructor and you don't have experience stickfighting or having an intense experience in full contact stick or knife sparring then you are a paper FMA. If you don"t carry the bravery and courage of the FMA then move out somewhere and practice the non-weaponry art. There will be peace of mind in that field.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions