FMAT: The True Indigenous culture of the Philippines

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
The True Indigenous culture of the Philippines
By GrandTuhon Leo T Gaje Jr - Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:35:09 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

I wish to clarify the issue of my participation in this FMA Talk., my purposes and the objectives of each material is for cultural expose which is the soul of the true filipino fighting system.Anybody can create a style or system about FMA and make people believe that it is FMA but in the real essence it has no value at all because there is no real substance of what is the real fighting culture.I have written many articles about the indigenous art and yet there are still who don't understand what is the filipino culture. What is the interest of the many is to find out what are the techniques and how can they learn and differentiate to other martial arts. And if they have an opportunity to copy , imitate, duplicate, flagerize they will do it.But what is the real meaning of having a sytle or system and calling it system of all systems, it is as good as mixed martial arts. of course what is the use if it has no cultural understanding of the true FMA.

For one who seeks for inner knowledge with the hope that after reaching to the level of having the wisdom is not a shallow shadow of Lapulapu as the hero of the battle of Mactan or using the word Arnis or Escrima without even knowing what is the real meaning of these two.

It is my prime mission to enlarge the understanding of those who wants to study under my system even those who came from different styles must be opened -minded in seeking the real true wisdom of what is the true filipino culture. How can be a true filipino culture when the style is doing a Japanese Kata wearing a kimono with belts and using the Japanese blocking and disarming with even a terminology of a Japanese karate. Using Japanese terminology. How can it be a filipino culture when the sticks and the way how the striking is filipino with the numbering system when the feet is chinese kungfu.The methods of training are borrowed from the Japanese, Chinese, Koreans and others.

If there is Filipino terminology but the concept of presenting the technique is Japanese mentality. How can people believe that it is filipino art when in fact the style is Japanese so it means that the Japanese were already here in the Island of Cebu when Ferdinand Magellan landed and it was Arnis or Escrima that killed Ferdinand Magellan.Because Arnis /Eskrima is adopting the Japanese technique, then Arnis / Escrima is responsible for killing Ferdinand Magellan.

If respect for the Filipino Culture must be the top discipline of every FMA practicioner then that respect must be maintained with dignity of the true filipino traditions and customs. No one can be an authority in his style or system if he neglects the education of the true FMA.

How to distinguish the true FMA to the non-True commercial FMA. It is in the training structure, it is in the interpretation of the Philosophical discipline transformed to the Doctrine of Discipline that becomes the barometer of the true ideology of what is a Filipino.

If the training is meant to last then that is filipino. As the saying goes " CUSTER LAST STAND CUSTER LAST FIGHT"

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions