Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Martial Minions
By PG Michael B - Sun, 04 May 2008 19:26:57 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Martial Minions

Within every martial art organization, you will have problems. The problems are rather minuscule when one truly looks at it. It may consist of insider bickering, puffing of chests, and the usual run of the mill political hypocrisy. In some organizations, the political strife runs deep, long, and usually bolstered by an over the top gung-ho leader who actually is the propagator of his own myth. I won't be naming names or systems in this blog. But if the shoe fits, you know what to do with it.

It seems in the South East Asian arts, namely Kali (jury is still out) and Silat, leaders of certain tribes are constantly changing the curve of what supposedly is the truth in regards to their invincible and un-counterable systems. These demigods spout rhetoric to any and all who will listen, touting themselves as the greatest thing since Christ was a corporal. In certain circles of Kali and Silat, these old dogs remain in charge and grip the reigns with an iron fist. They run through old guard like crap through a goose. When the folks who have been with them long enough, they start to wise up and venture into new areas for themselves. But they are automatically shunned, ridiculed, and flat out blasphemed against. I have seen it firsthand and have been a victim as a result. It amazes me that a man who is highly capable and promoted to high levels by their supposed Gurus are now all of a sudden deemed a threat and cast out like a set of dirty used diapers.

The worst part of this hypocritical behavior is when the head of the tribe now comes out, saying "Oh, he never learned the system the right way!" Hmmmm... Didn't you teach him? Are you not the one who promoted him? If so, how then can all this knowledge be for naught? The answer is actually quite simple. You have now become a threat to this archaic figure and may, in fact, cut into his financial gain. Even more so, you may have cut into the lies that he has bestowed upon you and others. This, my friends, he can not have. It will cost him greatly in many ways. His response to this involuntary culling of the heard, build his minions!

These types of Masters (allegedly) will continue to baffle the newbies with loads of lies and convince them their way is the only way. If you come with them, you too, will be great. They do not take into account anything but that mindset which will line their pockets. They believe it is the system, not the man, as if a system alone is all one needs. Time will go by and the new minions will become old guards. Hopefully, they will open their eyes to the untruths that has been shoveled to them for years and years. However, many will lack the ability to see the truth. These are the ones that the old guard groom for positions of unimportance in spreading their false doctrine of supremacy. They believe the hype and actually think they have the stones to be an uber commando. These "camouflage kids" are numerous and truly believe when they adorn themselves in camo and high tech boots,they quickly become Supermen. The only thing missing is the big S diamond logo on the chest and a phone booth for when they are beckoned to their call.

There is no answer for this type of behavior, it simply comes down to people who feel ill equipped to deal with their mundane lives. They buy into the belief if they go running in the jungle and playing RAMBO, they will somehow become what they covet. It truly is a sad state of affairs. This type of odd act is quite amusing and you see the pattern constantly being repeated. I know many folks highly touted in certain FMA's and Silats one day, then spurned the next because they opened their eyes and started seeking the truth. The truth is something these Neanderthals cannot afford to have discovered, about their precious unadulterated systems of madness. "Me thinks me speaks of CULTS."

Life is way too short to be playing games like this. There are as many reasons to train as there are stars in the sky. We each have our own druthers. To train for no other reason than to be someone you are not and prove your rusty metal to some old grand poo bah is ludicrous at best. In time, these old salts will surely fall back into the sea. Unfortunately, with their minion programs, there will always be another naive monkey to take their place.

PG Michael Blackgrave
BaHad ZuBu

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions