FMAT: Human Weapon -- History Channel

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Human Weapon -- History Channel
By CARP - Sat, 28 Jul 2007 16:01:00 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

I am sure many of you watched the episode last night. Of course, I would have liked to have seen more time devoted to PTK and less of the other stuff, but it was good to see Grand Tuhon, Rommel Tortal and the Force Recon Marine cadre.

I just wish someone could to a better job at creating a documentary that really shows the history and essence of FMA (particularly PTK), rather than doing a hokey reality show format. At minimum, I would have liked to have seen Tuhon, Rommel or one of the Force Recon Marines put the real hurt on one of the hosts. "Do that little twirly rolldown with that stick one more time pretty boy and I will let the fingers do the walking." Those guys have no idea.

Each time I see stickfighting footage like this, I cringe at the thought of how ineffective/dangerous it would be to train like this. No footwork, no real concept of range, horrible sticking mechanics and angles, and so on. It would just not work against the blade (or anyone that has been trained by GT, Tim, etc.).

I thank God everyday that I found GT Gaje, Tim et al and PTK...

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions