FMA training in the Phillipines

Kiwidave

White Belt
Reaction score
Kia ora, hello all from NZ.
Trained with an amazing FMA teacher in Auckland, NZ for a couple of years, but have moved approx 4 hours drive away.
Thinking of visiting the Phillipines to train and am really asking does the opportunity to “immerse” oneself into training for 3-4 weeks exist?
Had some great information about a 10 day camp there that looks amazing so that may be an option.
Any thoughts and/or advice greatly appreciated 🙏🏽

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Kiwidave,

In Manila , Rizal Park has practitioner on the weekend.
Rodel Dagooc is one I would recommend.

If you head down to Cebu, I would look up Nick Elazar for Nickle Stick Balintawak.
Also Bobby Taboada is sometimes also in the Cebu Area, when not in the States or traveling elsewhere around the globe.

On Negros, Roberto Presas can be found in Hinigaran area.

All three(four) referenced are GM's .

Most are park or backyard training. Rodel Dagooc has his school and he might be able to support a multi week training.
Otherwise I would say make a plan and see multiple people / arts.

Enjoy.

EskrimaFan

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi Kiwidave

There are alot of good teachers out there to train with, I can only sum up a couple of them I would recommend, that aren't mentioned yet:

Kalis Illustrismo: Romy Macapagal, Tony Diego, Yuli Romo
Cacoy Doce Pares: John Mac
Baraw Sugbo: Eduardo Ceniza

And ofcourse my own teachers

De Campo 1-2-3 Original: Jomalin Caballero (Cebu area) Paolo Pagaling (Marinduque)

I believe GM Rodel Dagooc is in the Batangas area, my teacher Paolo visited him last weekend to get some sticks.