Finding moved threads

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, or just haven't dug deep enough. When the moderators move a thread, how do we find out where they moved it? Could admin possibly consider posting a link in the "Thread Moved" messages that take folks to the new location of the moved threads?

If this is covered somewhere else, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Bill Parsons

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Often we leave a "redirect" that you can click on that takes you to the new thread. For old threads we don't always do this however.

If you mean the threads I'm moving right now, they're all coming from Internal Arts and going to other places, so you're seeing them in their new locations. The "thread moved" note is really just that--a record of the action.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

OP
bdparsons

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
Often we leave a "redirect" that you can click on that takes you to the new thread. For old threads we don't always do this however.

Thanks. It may be helpful to come up with a standard procedure including a "redirect" on each thread moved. Some of us aren't intimately familiar with all of the old threads.

Again, appreciate the help.

Respects,
Bill Parsons

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Boxing and Fencing will be deleted next and I will be moving threads from them. I won't leave redirects because the fora they are coming from are slated for removal. However, for redirects from fora not about to be removed your suggestion makes sense! For new threads we do always do this.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-