Finally Joined

pow_r_toch

White Belt
Reaction score
So after a while of thinking whether or not to join OC Kickboxing....i did it!! I had my first class yesterday and i was definitely not expecting such a workout. I only had the BEG. Kickboxing so i could only imagine with the Muay Thai courses entail. Anyway, i'm really excited about joining and my plan is to do beg. kickboxing for about 2-3 weeks about 3 times a week. That way i'll get basic stance, kicks and punches down so i won't feel totally new when i go into Muay Thai. Anyway, just looking forward to learning as much as possible about the art. Wish me luck!!!:supcool:

Tarot

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Does OC kickboxing teach Muay Thai? Because if not, the kickboxing stances and kicks aren't the same as MT. MT is its own thing entirely. If you're only taking kickboxing as an intro into MT, it would be better to start off with MT from the get-go.

Giorgio

Green Belt
Reaction score
True. Don't think of Muay Thai as 'advanced kickboxing' or anything, it's pretty much a different art entirely. It has similarities, as in both use punches and kicks, but it's not helpful to start with kickboxing.

Also, don't worry! Muay Thai coaches are some of the nicest guys around. They know that not everyone is a hardcore mother right from the start, and they will take care of you.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I did some kickboxing long before I got into muay thai. I will agree with the other guys, they are so different. You would be better off to just start muay thai if that is what you want to train in.

Latest Discussions