Final Fu

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen this show?

Apparently it lasted for one season back in 2006, on MTV2. They are re-airing it now. Basically it is like a Martial Arts American Idol. Every week they have 10 people, they do challenges, they point spar each other and the best of the 30 competitors compete for like, $25,000.

From what I can tell so far, it isn't very representative of martial arts. Basically they have a bunch of styles of Karate, some Kung Fu, Tae Kwon Do, and Tang Soo Do.

If you've seen it, what did you think? If not and you get MTV2, they are playing it!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen this show?

Apparently it lasted for one season back in 2006, on MTV2. They are re-airing it now. Basically it is like a Martial Arts American Idol. Every week they have 10 people, they do challenges, they point spar each other and the best of the 30 competitors compete for like, $25,000.

From what I can tell so far, it isn't very representative of martial arts. Basically they have a bunch of styles of Karate, some Kung Fu, Tae Kwon Do, and Tang Soo Do.

If you've seen it, what did you think? If not and you get MTV2, they are playing it!
Is that the one hosted by Ernie Reyes Jr? If so, I remember one episode had some screwy breaking competition on a beach...

And it died a well deserved early death.

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Is that the one hosted by Ernie Reyes Jr? If so, I remember one episode had some screwy breaking competition on a beach...

And it died a well deserved early death.

agreed

OP
MBuzzy

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been watching it....and I have to agree. A cool concept, but horribly executed. I was just curious if anyone else had seen it. It was only one season, 20 episodes, so I may finish watching the season....

Topeng

Orange Belt
Reaction score
From what I remember, it was horrible.
Stand up only point sparring with the upper legs and torso being the valid targets.
Not many arts were represented either from what I recall.

Latest Discussions