Fiji Karate Team...Fitness!

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have just been appointed the fitness instructor for our national team (God alone knows why)...now I have to whip the team into shape...any Ideas about how I can gradually build this team to peak form....we dont have a weight set and are trying to organise some funding for gym fees...maybe some form of plyo metric exercises..maybe the exercises you use to get up to scratch before national tournaments?

Any help would be appreciated!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
congradulations on your appointment and best of luck .
I cant offer much help but someone must have thought whatever you normaly do was a good place to start.
Running jump rope, push ups sit ups etc are always a good place to start

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
do kata. do it a few hundered times a day. but just one way. maybe do it the standard way 20 times. and then go the other. i'll use this as an example. lets say your first move to go to the west (assuming your facing north when you start). and then step forward, go to the east and then forward. then to the north and forward three times, and then back three times. for an alternative, you would go to the east and forward, the to the west and forward, and the, south, and back. or if you would step forward with you left, step forward with your right instead. change around small things like those. or if you would go froward, go backward instead. and so on.
that's one of the orignal points of kata. build up strength and so on. or hold a posture for 1 minute and build up to 10. if you want, for the transition, do it slowly while tensing your whole body.do that and you'll build crushing body strength.
here are some more. have the team run along road. then when ever a car of a certian color passes you buy (choosen before you start), drop down and 20 push ups. or have them run in place and a set point have them drop down do a push up, roll over do a sit up, and then kip up and start running in place again.
if you guys don't like these ideas, well have them all get on this site and give me negitive rep. and call me a whimp. (lol) but this some of what i do. the other stuff you'd ahve to know basic Wing Chun.

Sweet Brighit Bless your Blade,

John

Latest Discussions