Favourite combos

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
What's everyone's favourite combination to use.

I was just doing some heavy bag work on my own and I was just playing and I found a combo I really like the flow of.

It goes. Right body shot, shuffle back with a jab, roundhouse body kick with your rear leg.

It's funny because as I did I actually remember using it in a match and it worked very well but I'd total,y forgotten it until I did it just before.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
My son is working on trying to incorporate more combos.

Here is a few of his favorite.

(He fights as a southpaw). Been working on making sure his lead (right) foot is outside of opponents lead (left) foot.

Slide to right....Jab or hook to head, straight left to body, pull back enough for front roundhouse kick to head.

Slide to right....straight left to body, right hook to head....roundhouse kick to body.

Feign side kick, back hand to head, left straight left hand to body, straight left hand to head.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I may compete against someone here in the future, definitely not giving you guys that kind of advantage :rolleyes:

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jab…Jab…Jab-Rear Straight to set up
…Jab-Rear Upper cut on the ½ beat –Rear Straight-Front leg kick to the body or a rear chop kick to thigh-Double Jab out.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not striking art combo but throwing art combo.

- Knee seize, foot sweep.
- Knee seize, twist and spring.
- Knee seize, inner hook.
- Bear hug, outer hook.
- Bear hug, under hook, hip throw, leg break.
- Bear hug, under hook, leg spring, shin bite.
- Bear hug, under hook, leg spring, knee seize, inner hook.

Last edited:

IvanTheBrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score

I was just doing some heavy bag work on my own and I was just playing and I found a combo I really like the flow of.

It goes. Right body shot, shuffle back with a jab, roundhouse body kick with your rear leg.

It's funny because as I did I actually remember using it in a match and it worked very well but I'd total,y forgotten it until I did it just before.

I love my hooks. I never use the open hooks that use the momentum of your arm. I only use my hips/waist so my hooks require to be close in but they hit hard and don't leave me exposed. My favourite combos are three left hooks in quick succession because no one ever expects that ****. I also like 2 left hooks followed up by a right cross or uppercut.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Favorite combo how? Bag work, just throwing in drills, sparring, fighting, competing?

Maybe it's the same for everyone, I don't know.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite is the combo that hits my opponent while allowing me not to be hit in return.

IvanTheBrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If in close for a tight hook I'd rather use an elbow.
Same (it feels more natural to me and I think it's safer) but since I haven't trained Muay Thai or anything that involves elbows, yet, I will stick to the correct technique of a hook I learnt from Boxing or I might cause myself harm.

chrissyp

Green Belt
Reaction score
as far as boxing goes, lead hook to the side, then bring it up stairs to the head, followed by a straight. For Muay thai, right cross, left to the side of the body, right low kick

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have a lot of hand combos I love, and all of them contain an uppercut.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Taekwondoist here. My favorite punching combinations involve using underpunches (like an uppercut that doesn't upper, a straight body blow) to drop the hands and then go for the face, or else motions which allow you to make quick combinations with the same hand (jab-hook, jab-backfist, hook-backfist, hook-hammerfist).

Of course I'd prefer knife-hand strikes over hammerfists, but on this thread I assume I have boxing gloves on.

Latest Discussions