Favorite memory?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I say relive, not change or alter, but to be able to view the events all over again. Like a Seinfeld rerun..

Then for me it would be my first play on a community stage..I had NO experience except in Jr High...The drama club advisor in Sr High had his favorites so I never had a chance so no chance there..I beat out 15 guys with mega experience to land the roll..NOTHING can match walking out on that stage for the first time..

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was thinking back to some childhood games. I can remember late evening games of capture the flag with 20-30 kids. Things seemed so simple back then.

This brought back a memory I hadn't thought of in years. It was Spring and we lived in a tiny town where we kids played "kick the can" in the evenings after dark. I was running around a house to get to the front yard where the can was at and ran between 2 poles (had done it a hundred times in the past) and the owners of the house had put up the chicken wire for their bean plants to climb that day. Ever run full tilt into a tight chicken wire barrier? Your face and arms look like a demented hexagon print quilt for a day or two. I think those days (sans the chicken wire) would be great to experiance and live again. Totally carefree, no responsibilities; just good friends, warm days and fresh smelling nights. Aaahhh, the saying that youth is wasted on the young seems truer and truer as the years go by.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jonathan, it was a Chicom. Dipwad came around a hedge row with his rifle still on a sling on his shoulder...............................:), during an air assault by the 1st Marines. Quang Nam Province, Viet Nam, 1968. I'm sitting here laughing just thinking about it.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This brought back a memory I hadn't thought of in years. It was Spring and we lived in a tiny town where we kids played "kick the can" in the evenings after dark. I was running around a house to get to the front yard where the can was at and ran between 2 poles (had done it a hundred times in the past) and the owners of the house had put up the chicken wire for their bean plants to climb that day. Ever run full tilt into a tight chicken wire barrier? Your face and arms look like a demented hexagon print quilt for a day or two. I think those days (sans the chicken wire) would be great to experiance and live again. Totally carefree, no responsibilities; just good friends, warm days and fresh smelling nights. Aaahhh, the saying that youth is wasted on the young seems truer and truer as the years go by.

I had the same experience, but with a clothesline at night. After committing some mischief one evening, a friend and I were running from an irate home owner. We hopped a fence to cut through someone's yard and as we were running, I caught the clothesline right across my chest. It knocked the wind out of me. I was lucky that I was not shorter or that the line didn't sag. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't be here to share this gem with you fine people.

Latest Discussions