Father of Two Rescues Abducted Six Year Old

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Coincidence? Maybe not. Still the guy acted because it was the right thing to do. Had they waited for police to arrive the girl would've been long gone. Likely never to be seen/heard from again. Kudos to the guy. While police response would've been relatively quick, moments like these seconds count not minutes. So at least a little girl's life has been saved from an unknown fate.
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — The timing was just right for saving the life of a 6-year-old girl and for turning a 24-year-old mechanic and father of two young daughters into a hero.It was coincidence that Antonio Diaz Chacon had come home from work early to spend time with his family Monday afternoon. It was also a coincidence that the family's washing machine had just gone out, forcing them to do laundry a block down the road at a relative's home.
Had it not been for that, Diaz Chacon wouldn't have been there to see the girl thrown into a van as another neighbor yelled for the would-be kidnapper to let the child go.

http://news.yahoo.com/father-2-becomes-hero-abducted-girls-rescue-073823983.html

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Really glad this turned out well, with the girl returned home safely, the rescuer safe, and the bag guy in jail. It doesn't always end so well.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think we should give Mister Garcia a pass. We haven't looked at the environment that bred his behavior. maybe it was socio-economic.
And we haven't even explored the psychology behind his alleged criminal behavior. He is, after all, still human, and probably had some psychology behind his choice. maybe he was just giving her a ride. I hope the ACLU comes in and sticks up for him.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
God I hope so. I always find it so hard to tell when someone is being scarcastic in a written format.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yes, I was being sarcastic. (apologies if I offend)
We have become a species that does not protect our children. Is there any reason this abductor should ever see the light of day again? Ever? But you know he will.
The "best" case scenario was he was going to sell the child. I shudder at the worst. I do not care about his reasons, his childhood or his psychological makeup. He snatched someone's baby girl. Even if he is convicted he will eventually get out, probably much too soon, and more than likely move someplace. He will live next door to you, to me, to our moms, our kids or our friends. He will see another little girl walking someplace. The ticking in his head will begin again.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
We have become a species that does not protect our children. Is there any reason this abductor should ever see the light of day again? Ever? But you know he will.
The "best" case scenario was he was going to sell the child. I shudder at the worst. I do not care about his reasons, his childhood or his psychological makeup. He snatched someone's baby girl. Even if he is convicted he will eventually get out, probably much too soon, and more than likely move someplace. He will live next door to you, to me, to our moms, our kids or our friends. He will see another little girl walking someplace. The ticking in his head will begin again.

Yes, truely misfortunate. Even though he will be labled (presumably) as a sex offender, most people don't check their state or county lists of sex offenders and may not realize how close some of them live. That presumes they don't make successful attempts at not reporting themselves to local authorities. Sex offenders have pretty much been shown to be hopeless recidivists and indeed should not be allowed back into society.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You didn't offend me. I was just confused. I'm kind of dense, so don't mind me. LOL.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

And yet, if we were to take the initiative and remove this piece of excrement from the gene pool, for some reason we'd go to prison. Too often the legal system lacks justice, which results in more little girls in danger from this scumbag in the future...

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You save a small child from a horrible fate? Grant him citizenship if he wants it.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
hmm not sure that buys him a pass for illegal immigration, but should be a consideration at the deportation hearing!!
as to his actions, GREAT! he is A HERO in the real sense of the word. I think that a good argument could be made to consider giving him a visa, but no free pass.

as to the abductor, well innocent till proven guilty..... but sounds like that will not be a difficult thing to do...
Last I heard kidnapping was a long long time in a cage. so I think that will take care of that.

I hope all of us would and will jump in in such a situation. I just wish the legal system would not be so out to screw people who do when it turns out to be a mistaken situation, or even when its like this one. I think that is a lot of why people do not help like they did say 50 years ago. 50 or 70 years ago no one would loose everything to a suit by the one who was thought to be the offender if they were not in fact committing a crime some how. and any more well even if they were and you hurt them, in some states like calif and others well you might still get sued and loose when they have been found guilty of a crime!!!!