Famous Warriors and Famous non Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
Here are a few Warriors and non Warriors please add to the list.
When I started this list I was very surprised at the non warriors
I love John Wayne movies and Clint Eastwood movies.
The warriors have great life stories.

Warrior
George Herbert Walker Bush
John Sidney McCain III
John Forbes Kerry
Audie Leon Murphy
James Maitland Stewart
William Clark Gable
Melvin Kaminsky (Mel Brooks)
Lee Marvin

non Warrior

Marion Robert Morrison (John Wayne) never served a day in the armed forces.
Nor did any of his children

Clinton Eastwood Jr. draft and was a lifeguard at Fort Ord in northern California for his entire stint in the military,

George Walker Bush joined the National Guard so he would not have to go to Vietnam.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here are a few Warriors and non Warriors please add to the list.
When I started this list I was very surprised at the non warriors
I love John Wayne movies and Clint Eastwood movies.
The warriors have great life stories.

Warrior
George Herbert Walker Bush
John Sidney McCain III
John Forbes Kerry
Audie Leon Murphy
James Maitland Stewart
William Clark Gable
Melvin Kaminsky (Mel Brooks)
Lee Marvin

non Warrior

Marion Robert Morrison (John Wayne) never served a day in the armed forces.
Nor did any of his children

Clinton Eastwood Jr. draft and was a lifeguard at Fort Ord in northern California for his entire stint in the military,

George Walker Bush joined the National Guard so he would not have to go to Vietnam.
im more impressed with the peopke who were clever enough not to get shot at

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I definitely had to google mel brooks from that list.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Off the top of my head the first two warriors that come to mind that might make your list are Henry Kissinger and Bea Author. I'll have to think on this a while to add more.
Great question.

OP
B

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
Off the top of my head the first two warriors that come to mind that might make your list are Henry Kissinger and Bea Author. I'll have to think on this a while to add more.
Great question.

I knew Bea Author was a marine, but I did not know about Kissinger.

I surprised at how many actors join up and wanted to be in act , but had bad eyes.
Ronald Wilson Reagan join in 1937, but had really bad eyes.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That sounds like something bone spur Trump would say.
possibly but i said it, both our countries have recklessly squandered young men, being stupid enough to let them put your life at risk for their empire building is not a badge of honour, that particularly so for the Vietnam war and the still ongoing wars in the east

Ali refused to participate in Vietnam are we deciding he wasn't a '' warrior'' ? or is it just GWB you have a [problem with ? GWB did start two of those wars, i have more of an issue with him about that than draft dodging

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Warrior: Tammy Duckworth

Famous non warriors: the entire trump family. Notoriously so.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Warrior: Tammy Duckworth

Famous non warriors: the entire trump family. Notoriously so.
im suprided at you joining in this,! im pretty sure youd have been draft Dodger, if nixon had tried to send you to Vietnam ,,, tyre tacks all the way to canada

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
im suprided at you joining in this,! im pretty sure youd have been draft Dodger, if nixon had tried to send you to Vietnam ,,, tyre tacks all the way to canada
Huh. I'm a desert storm veteran who spent 3 of 4 years overseas. In Germany and in saudi arabia. My mom is a vietnam era vet, my dad is a Korean war vet, and all three of my brothers volunteered for service in the army and navy. My great uncle earned a distinguished service cross for valor in WWI, and I have direct line ancestors who served in every conflict all the way back to the american revolution.

Don't project your cowardice onto me.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Huh. I'm a desert storm veteran who spent 3 of 4 years overseas. In Germany and in saudi arabia. My mom is a vietnam era vet, my dad is a Korean war vet, and all three of my brothers volunteered for service in the army and navy. My great uncle earned a distinguished service cross for valor in WWI, and I have direct line ancestors who served in every conflict all the way back to the american revolution.

I thank you and your family for your very impressive line of service.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

i was project cmgood sence, but hell, if you proud of your family making a habit of killing folks minding their own buisness in their country, you carry on

it sounds like a family of shame to me
si you all sit around pokishing you medals and swappibg stories of napaming children, bet chrismass is a lit of fun

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Wow. it didn't take long for someone to "insert foot in mouth" Courage is always one of those discussions that people should tread lightly on. I wish I could say that someone will apologize for there assumptions, but I know that's a long shot. So instead, I'll just let you know that I appreciate your service to others. Not everyone is so quick to label and more people appreciate the service of others even if they don't verbally say so.

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
i was project cmgood sence, but hell, if you proud of your family making a habit of killing folks minding their own buisness in their country, you carry on

si you all sit around pokishing you medals and swappibg stories of napaming children, bet chrismass is a lit of fun
Sometimes you should just apologize for you assumptions and pot stirring. People would think you to be a better person for it. Until today I thought you were just a pot stirrer and today I think less of you.

Take it for it's what it's worth, care, or ignore. Lash out at me for saying that you were wrong for your comments. Not just to Steve, but to others who have serve. If I see something wrong then I'm going to say something about it. I've always been like that no matter what.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sometimes you should just apologize for you assumptions and pot stirring. People would think you to be a better person for it. Until today I thought you were just a pot stirrer and today I think less of you.

Take it for it's what it's worth, care, or ignore. Lash out at me for saying that you were wrong for your comments. Not just to Steve, but to others who have serve. If I see something wrong then I'm going to say something about it. I've always been like that no matter what.
aploogiuse for thinking attacking other countries is wrong, for thinking that those drafted are stupid for not running and those who volinteer are evil,
korea, vietnam werea masacres of civilians .

the best thing avout the korean war was, it made the uk not sogn up for vietnam.

i mean really PROUD ,

im ashamed my coubtry signed up for the gulf war,

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Look. I'm not looking for people to thank me for anything, but someone accusing me of cowardice can f*ck right off.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Look. I'm not looking for people to thank me for anything, but someone accusing me of cowardice can f*ck right off.
ii was mistaken,, i thoughht you wouldnt have signed up for Vietnam, as it turns out your a war monger who volittered to ve part of another illegal war and slaughter of milkions of civilians , where that left leanibg liberation?

im of the the opinion, that being part of that is cowardice, never mind just polish your medals, youl feel better

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Damn Jobo, are you hitting the bottle to day or something? Not cool at all.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Damn Jobo, are you hitting the bottle to day or something? Not cool at all.
i just cant ubdrrstand peopke beibg proud of being in wars, it not really anything to be proud of

certainly those that choose not to go are not cowards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions