Famous Warriors and Famous non Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
aploogiuse for thinking attacking other countries is wrong, for thinking that those drafted are stupid for not running and those who volinteer are evil,
korea, vietnam werea masacres of civilians .

the best thing avout the korean war was, it made the uk not sogn up for vietnam.

i mean really PROUD ,

im ashamed my coubtry signed up for the gulf war,
And you would still be wrong for what you said in previous point. This is not something I'm going to debate with you. Feel free to twist it all you like.

What you said was Wrong.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And you would still be wrong for what you said in previous point. This is not something I'm going to debate with you. Feel free to twist it all you like.

What you said was Wrong.
what he said was equally " wrong" ,

i didnt bring his family into the discusion he did, when he started bragg9bg about how many wars they had been involved in,

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Look. I'm not looking for people to thank me for anything, but someone accusing me of cowardice can f*ck right off.
And that's why you got the thanks that you did. You didn't ask for it but we gave it anyway.

OP
B

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
possibly but i said it, both our countries have recklessly squandered young men, being stupid enough to let them put your life at risk for their empire building is not a badge of honour, that particularly so for the Vietnam war and the still ongoing wars in the east

Ali refused to participate in Vietnam are we deciding he wasn't a '' warrior'' ? or is it just GWB you have a [problem with ? GWB did start two of those wars, i have more of an issue with him about that than draft dodging

I think war has something to do with the definition of warrior.
A fighter is not the same thing as a warrior.
IMO I define Ali as a great fighter, but not a warrior.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think war has something to do with the definition of warrior.
A fighter is not the same thing as a warrior.
IMO I define Ali as a great fighter, but not a warrior.
so you cant be a warrior unless youve been in an actual war?

if youve been in a war, does that automatically make you a warrior?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
what he said was equally " wrong" ,

i didnt bring his family into the discusion he did, when he started bragg9bg about how many wars they had been involved in,
He certainly was not bragging.
That is a lineage to be very proud of.
More than enough to fight for.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
He certainly was not bragging.
That is a lineage to be very proud of.
More than enough to fight for.
yes he was, like it was something to be proud of.

my granddad was a gassed in the trenches, thats not something to be proud of, the fool volunteered , ive just been looking at his regimental photo, 200 of them smiling and keen to go,, not many came back

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
yes he was, like it was something to be proud of.

my granddad was a gassed in the trenches, thats not something to be proud of, the fool volunteered , ive just been looking at his regimental photo, 200 of them smiling and keen to go,, not many came back
Yeah and you'd be speaking german had he and others like him not done so. It sucks and for what it's worth, it bothers me a lot when politicians misuse soldiers, so on that we agree. Sorry to hear about your granddad and the soldiers he served with.

But some wars need to be fought. The american revolution was one. The fight for the union against sedition in the civil war was one. The fight against hitler in WWII. Etc.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't think you need to serve in the military to be a warrior. Harriet tubman was a warrior. Martin Luther King Jr was a warrior. Senator John Lewis was a warrior.

In politics, the biggest hawks generally haven't served in the military, though they will pay lip service to supporting service men and women, and vets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions