terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There will always be fakes ones around it is the way of the warrior.:rofl:

Monadnock

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is the first I've heard about it. Who's making up fake menkyo in NY?

Well, I PM'd the original poster to ask what made that cert a fake, as I received one that looked just like it. But I haven't gotten a reply yet. Can anyone tell from that small pic why it is a fake? I was told there was a different kanji for "Tai" being used in Budo Tai-Jutsu, and I can see it in that pic.

So, I can't say with any certainty that anyone else is using them, just that mine looks an awful lot like it.

OP
Shicomm

Shicomm

Purple Belt
Reaction score
A cert. issued from hombu should have at least the stamps on it.
In allmost all cases it should contain the students name in regular writing as well.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Should look something like this.... This is a low quality 320x240 picture from my phone, I took a while back, but you get the gist of it.

Attachments

• $Photo_051106_001.jpg
    $Photo_051106_001.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 227

blood shadow

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
wow you pay all that money on training and thats all you get.id hang that up next to my toilet or on a dumpster.

blood shadow

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
id ask for a refund even the real one looks fake and when I say refund I meant the training too.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow you pay all that money on training and thats all you get.id hang that up next to my toilet or on a dumpster.

id ask for a refund even the real one looks fake and when I say refund I meant the training too.

The ornateness or lack thereof of a certificate has little to do with it's meaning to the student. Or with the quality of the training. In fact, in my experience, there is very often a very strong, INVERSE correlation between the impressiveness of a certificate and the impressiveness of the training...

Might I suggest if you aren't impressed by Bujinkan training, or that of any other school, you simply don't train there?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Log onto e-Bay,you can find certs of almost ANY rank and discipline...Some will come with a neat wood frame...Sad really..

Latest Discussions