Eyepokes might be useful after all...Encounter with Jaws

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,245821,00.html

"Nerhus told rescuers that he had fought his way free by lunging at the shark’s head with a chisel, believing he managed to stab it in the eye, forcing it to release its grip."

Nice first post.

They say that punching in the nose, or attacking the eyes and gills may be a deterent against sharks; and they have anecdotal evidence to support the theory.

However, I think that being stranded out in the Ocean somewhere and being stalked and picked apart by a large shark or 3 has got to be the most horrific way to die. I don't think it could get much worse then that. I think I would just have to start laughing uncontrollably if I were in that situation, because one is just SOOOO screwed in that situation that it is almost ridicules.

:jaws:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First off welcome and take a minute to go to the meet and greet section to introduce yourself. As far as the story goes what ever works use it to your advantage even against a shark.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They say that punching in the nose, or attacking the eyes and gills may be a deterent against sharks; and they have anecdotal evidence to support the theory.

Yep, I've heard the same thing.

And welcome to Martial Talk HowieR! :)

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its a good thing he was down south. If he had been in Queensland he may have run into a crocodile and no amount of stabbing with an abolone chisel will dissuade one of them.

Latest Discussions