Eye Poke In Captured Twigs??

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think the larger question here in my opinion is, "If you teach this technique for an ATTEMPTED bear-hug, what do you do for an actual bear-hug?"

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Doc
I think the larger question here in my opinion is, "If you teach this technique for an ATTEMPTED bear-hug, what do you do for an actual bear-hug?"

We learn it both ways, but no one needs to tell you the numerous
techniques for bear hugs, do they? :p

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk
We learn it both ways, but no one needs to tell you the numerous
techniques for bear hugs, do they? :p
Aye Captain Kirk! We do the same with a weee bit of sweetnin' for the Klingons.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Doc
Aye Captain Kirk! We do the same with a weee bit of sweetnin' for the Klingons.

Other than the fact that Conatser looks mean... What's wrong with Klingons?

And I am curious now that the question has been raised ... Sort of... What do you do to a fully applied bearhug with arms pinned?

Points awarded for reaaaalllly courteous responses. :p :rofl: :p

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Sigung86
And I am curious now that the question has been raised ... Sort of... What do you do to a fully applied bearhug with arms pinned?

Counter grab the grabber, check the height zone, beat the tar
out of them :D

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... ya just have to hold your tongue just right. Actually there are several ways of making this specific technique work. I actually like the ideal phase and have had great success with it .... of course, that is after I hated it for a decade or so.:rofl:

OP
J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Michael Billings
of course, that is after I hated it for a decade or so.:rofl:

I feel your pain! :(

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sigung86
Other than the fact that Conatser looks mean... What's wrong with Klingons?

Points awarded for reaaaalllly courteous responses. :p :rofl: :p
THere are certain anatomical physical things a person must do to apply a "bear-hug" from the rear, and therefore there are specific mechanisms that can and do counter, trap, and control such actions. In SL-4 Kenpo they come under the heading of "Survive The Initial Assault Mechanisms™" and are activity dedicated specific, and are taught in the classroom because of their significant physicallity. We rountinely work on these with students as they are taught the technique from the beginning. However, attempting to explain it on the net would be like trying to teach a defensive lineman how to disengage an offensive lineman in a red dog blitz out of a cover two defensive set. The mechanisms when taught are not that complicated, but they must be taught with your body a part of the process to comprehend. Simply you must:

1. Counter the Body Momentum
2. Regain/retain your balance
3. Control his hands and arms
4. Misalign his body to Negative Posture
5. Control his height, width, & depth
6. Begin the counter process.

Sorry about the football analogy but it's almost that time and I'm getting antsy. Go Rams & Raiders!

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I feel your pain Doc, and have almost every reason to believe that I understand what you listed. At least for this particular situation. :lol: :asian: :asian:

Latest Discussions