Excellent Book by the way

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I picked up a copy of Sang H. Kim PHD book called Martial Arts after forty and for the record it is a great book. One of the things I like was the approach to the Keys of Fitness after 40.

1) Positive attitude

Treat your body properly
Have a positive attitude
Have a flexible approach
Think young

2) Exorcise
3)Nutrition

To me thismakes alot of sense and the book is well written. I hope some of you will enjoy it.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have been impressed with a lot of Sang H. Kim's material. I have a couple of his sticking fighting video as well as knife defense video and his book on building a martial art business and his mooyedobotongji translation book.

I met him at a MAIA show 2 years ago and he was a very nice gentleman.

level7

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Is there anything in there on treating hip joint pain? I'll tell you, after a session, my hips seem to get worse (tighten up) until I stretch out again.

I've been toying with the idea of taking aspirin before class and the day after class. I wish I had started 20 years ago. :(

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually there is alot of before and after exorcises for the hips. I tens to do them and it seems to be helping with my hip pain. Like I said I personnally recogmend this book to anybody over forty or under, it is great material.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is there anything in there on treating hip joint pain? I'll tell you, after a session, my hips seem to get worse (tighten up) until I stretch out again.

I've been toying with the idea of taking aspirin before class and the day after class. I wish I had started 20 years ago. :(

I'm no doctor, but pain is your body's way of telling you something is wrong. I would see medical attention immediately from a qualified professional with experience in sports injuries. Don't keep on practicing if you are hurting. You could be doing yourself more damage that may make recovery ultimately more difficult.

I am recovering from a bulging disk injury. I find that yoga practice is keeping my back stretched out and limber, and I understand some other asanas (poses) from yoga will help you open your hips up.

level7

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Actually there is alot of before and after exorcises for the hips. I tens to do them and it seems to be helping with my hip pain. Like I said I personnally recogmend this book to anybody over forty or under, it is great material.

It is somehow comforting to know that I am not alone in my old age hip pain :(

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is somehow comforting to know that I am not alone in my old age hip pain :(

Sir you and i both are in the same boat.
icon10.gif

Latest Discussions