Everything & Nothing

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not had chance to watch these all the way through yet ... but I will :tup:.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Finally! Got to watch the "Everything" part of this duo of programmes.

Wonderfully comprehensible explanation of how we got to the level of understanding we now have on the physics of space-time.

I applaud the programme makers for their skill in getting this idea across, despite the supremely depressing conclusion that devolves from the nature of the expansion of the universe (at our present level of understanding).

I love the 'hook' they use to get the complex ideas across - why is the sky dark at night? It is one of those penetrating questions that children sometimes ask that make us evaluate our picture of reality :sensei rei:.

Mark Jordan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It shows us the greatness of the love of God, the immeasurable greatness of the love of God.

OP
Ken Morgan

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It shows us the greatness of the love of God, the immeasurable greatness of the love of God.

Really? I see nothing of the kind.
I see how astounding the universe really is, how great men/women have dedicated their entire lives to developing the tools and theories that allow us to measure, calculate, describe, predict, photograph and understand the vastness of the universe.
Any attempt to equate a god from the Bronze Age with the creation of the universe screams futility.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The uniqueness of people begs the fact that you present them with something and each sees what they see.

Latest Discussions