MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[yt]roACxMr4kBk[/yt]

except the Smith series...

Last edited by a moderator:

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Maybe I am not British enough but I don't understand the popularity of the Dr. Who series. I've watched a few of the old episodes with various versions of the Doctor and didn't care for them. Watched the pilot? of the new series and I honestly fell asleep.

Maybe I'm too dumb to get it?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[yt]6_ZxldeB43M[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe I am not British enough but I don't understand the popularity of the Dr. Who series. I've watched a few of the old episodes with various versions of the Doctor and didn't care for them. Watched the pilot? of the new series and I honestly fell asleep.

Maybe I'm too dumb to get it?
I can't explain why I like it, but the idea of time travel's always interested me. I can't get into most new sci fi, or even the last few Trek series, and I've always been a die hard Trekker.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you don't like sci-fi then I can see why you wouldn't like Dr. Who, Dancing.

Over here, nearly all of us grew up watching this immensely long running series and we all have 'our Doctor' and 'our companions' embedded in our psyche. Bear in mind too that for much of it's existence it was supposedly 'childrens television', tho' I have no trouble at all re-watching episodes from times far past :D.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The Doctor is brilliant, creative, and Humanity's greatest advocate. Kind of like a space Jesus, no?:)

Well who wouldn't like a space Jesus?!?

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you don't like sci-fi then I can see why you wouldn't like Dr. Who, Dancing.

Over here, nearly all of us grew up watching this immensely long running series and we all have 'our Doctor' and 'our companions' embedded in our psyche. Bear in mind too that for much of it's existence it was supposedly 'childrens television', tho' I have no trouble at all re-watching episodes from times far past :D.

Actually I do like speculative fiction and I usually read all the books from authors like Iain Banks and Alastair Reynolds.

Maybe it's the British TV thing. I rented a Red Dwarf disk from Netflix and I didn't get that either. <shrugs>

Latest Discussions