Ed Martin

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got word this AM that Papa-san is in the hospital for heart related issues.

Everyone send your positive thoughts his way...

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers are with him.

Any update on his condition?

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The following was posted by George Russel on MSN NINJA CLUB this morning:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]I just got off of the phone with one of Ed's girls and he is awake and wanting the breathing tube removed. Based on what she said it was a very rough operation, her words were something like "nine hours and twelve doctors later everything seems to be OK"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif][/FONT]

Henso

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I had an extensive conversion with Ed yesterday, and he was in remarkably positive mood. I spoke to him at a time when he was few minutes away from leaving to visit his Cardiologist, and he told me that he expected to be off and training in Europe, Australia, etc, by May. I have to admit I was surprised at his statement, but, gratified by his positive outlook.

Regards,

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had an extensive conversion with Ed yesterday, and he was in remarkably positive mood. I spoke to him at a time when he was few minutes away from leaving to visit his Cardiologist, and he told me that he expected to be off and training in Europe, Australia, etc, by May. I have to admit I was surprised at his statement, but, gratified by his positive outlook.

Regards,

Hey that is good!

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
He had to cancel a seminar I was planning on attending the weekend he got sick. I'm glad he is getting better! Swell guy :) Great teacher!

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score

Regards,

I was conversing with him a few days prior to the operation, he seemed to echo the same sentiment.
I am glad it worked out for him. After the operation I had heard there was a set back or two.

Albertus

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am deeply touched by all the positive responds this one post alone triggers by all the readers of this forum. I want to let you know that it undoubtedly not only lifts up Ed Martin's spirit but also mine. There is still hope for this world! And offcourse I want to wish Ed Martin a quick recovery as well, may God bless him.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any updates on his condition?

Henso

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I spoke to him three days ago, as I had to cancel teaching in his stead, due to a scheduling conflict, and was surprised to hear him say that though his brother Gus would be able to teach for him, that he was not certain that he wouldn't also participate.

I have to say, and say with all respect, old men amaze me! All reason and rationale suggests caution and sobriety and such conditions. Yet in Ed's case, and on a personal level, that of my father, after a terrible car accident, almost two years ago, the level of willingness to both accept their condition and yet demand to function beyond would be expected in such cases, is amazing.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. :)

Mike