Eastern Intrigue

T

TKDman

Did you join the Martial Arts or continue to practice the Martial Arts because of the mysteries of the Far East? If not tell me why, if so please explain also.

Did you join because your parents made you? Did you join after watching a Martial Arts movie? A video game perhaps?

OP
P

progressivetactics

i joined because I knew the way i spoke to people, and the way I lived, I was going to get my butt kicked if I didn't learn to defend myself... 20 years later......still going (however; My attitude and the way I speak to people improved)!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I watched a lot of kung fu theater when I was young (late 70's)
I joined Kenpo under Matt David in 1980. I specificaly requested I be taught the kungfu That I hed seen on TV. They lied and said it was about the same. I was unable to continue lessons and started up again in 1984 with another Kenpo guy, and have been hooked ever since. I have still yet to learn the cool stuff I saw on ShowTime and HBO but I have learned to be happy with what I have been taught. Years later I am glad I was mislead by the Peacock people because I now wouldn't want it any other way.

OP
T

tkdcanada

Joined as an adult. Reasons: touch of intrigue, physical fitness, quality activity with kids, prove that I can still do anything I could do when younger, love the stucture, love the philosophy

Once I became more familiar: loved feeling that I was doing something that was good for my mind, body and soul all at once and loved the adrenaline rush of sparring, loved the idea that I was actually sticking with something that the majority of people end up quitting.

Now: I'm in so deep, there's no turning back! :D

Latest Discussions