East Coast / Mid Atlantic MT Seminar

D

Disco

A while back, I started a tread about members of MT getting together for show and tell. Well, the boys and gals from the mid west took hold of that notion and just ran with it. Good for you guys.

Well folks, How about us on this far side of the Rockies. Anybody have any ideas?
:asian:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would want to attend it :D

Given work and time off and travel Time, I would give it my best to show up and participate.

Now to just get a host :D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Take a look at the Midwest thread for some ideas. I'd love to see MT sponsored camps/seminars all over the world. :)

A suggestion is talk to Renegade as he's done a great job in organizing the WMAA camps, and could probably point you in a good direction.

I'll of course be attending as many of em as I can afford to travel to. :)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That sounds like a godo start to me :D

I'll See if I Can move my August three days of VAcation to the end of September first of October.

If it is the first weekend in October, then I wil be busy I think every weekend tha month :D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If someone is interested in hosting, please contact Tim Hartman (Renegade). He has indicated his willingness to help as he can.

That said, I believe Seig's idea is good.

How many folks would be interested in a MT event in West Virginia and could make it for either the last week of Sept or first week of October?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To be honest, I think it would be inappropriate to upstage the 24 October event by holding another one in the same month--especially since, for some people, mid-Illinois and WV would be comparable driving distances, and we do have several people coming from upstate NY, someone from Michigan, etc. It isn't quite far enough compared to the 10+ hour drives people have committed to make. Hence, I'd suggest moving it back or further away.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heres a tangent idea...

MT Fall camp (midwest) October
MT Winter camp (east coast) February?
MT Spring camp - (west coast) Late May?

Just an idea.

OP
D

Disco

I would really hate to see this go to the back burner and be forgotten about.

Agreed, the 1st proposed date is in conflict with the mid-west. I know the people that are attending there will need a little time to regroup financially. What would be a good date for you guys. As pointed out, the distance factors are about the same for some, if it were to be held in W.Va. Don't know if that's an acceptable venue right now, with you know what going on there. Anybody else willing to step up to host?

OP
D

Disco

Hate to see this fade into the sunset. Surely were not going to let the Mid-West crew have all the fun - are we?:idunno:

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We could send you a post card, telling how much fun we had. :D

Disco, if you need any info, on what I have done I can email or PM you.
Bob :asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, heres the short scoop - whoever organizes it, let me know the details and I'll make sure its on the camp page, as well as has a premium banner and an online registration form.

OP
D

Disco

Thanks for the offer. What we really need is a host venue and SOME POSSITIVE INTEREST. A nice November fall weekend somewhere in North Carolina or there abouts would fill the bill. Anybody open for that time frame? You guys from the Mid-West will have enough time to heal, save up and practice your groveling:p I'm sure that the members from the southern region will be looking forward to attending. :asian:

OP
D

Disco

:wah: We gather here today to remember an idea. :wah:

"HERE LIES MT's EAST COAST SEMINAR".........:vu:

The medical examiner stated that it could have been saved, if only someone had cared.:(

Latest Discussions