Drunk Santa wanted to know where his reindeer at

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well the story WAS funny to read until these lines came up...
Officers found the vehicle driving erratically and pulled it over. They found 47-year-old Kevin Arnold of Sparta at the wheel, drinking an alcoholic beverage.
Arnold was cited for having open intoxicants in the vehicle and released at the scene.

Around where I live you get busted on open beverage and being under the influence and then LET GO is unheard of.
He should've been hauled in and left to dry out and his license suspended.
Wrong wrong wrong to be released under that condition.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the story WAS funny to read until these lines came up...

Around where I live you get busted on open beverage and being under the influence and then LET GO is unheard of.
He should've been hauled in and left to dry out and his license suspended.
Wrong wrong wrong to be released under that condition.
If they were unable to demonstrate that he his blood alcohol level was above the legal limit, they may not have been able to arrest him. Under Virginia law, for example, I cannot arrest a person for having an open container in a car; I can only cite them and release them at the scene unless the circumstances meet some specific exceptions. I would certainly have administered field sobriety tests -- but if they didn't demonstrate impairment, there would have been no custodial arrest.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would certainly have administered field sobriety tests -- but if they didn't demonstrate impairment, there would have been no custodial arrest.

You could always administer the old invisible quarter field sobriety test...

Latest Discussions