Drop Dead Marriage

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This has got to totally suck being the groom.
Bride dies during marriage's first dance
Sat Feb 9, 7:04 PM ET
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080210/ap_on_re_us/wedding_death
DAVIE, Fla. - Kim Sjostrom wanted a real-life version of the film "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," which played in the background as friends fixed her hair and makeup before her own marriage ceremony.
But less than an hour after she and Teddy Efkarpides were wed, Sjostrom crumpled in her husband's arms during a Greek song that means "Love Me."
At 36, Sjostrom was dead from heart disease.
The wedding had became a project at Davie Elementary School, where Sjostrom taught first grade. Fellow teachers provided the wedding gown, the flowers and decorations. One of them, an ordained minister, performed the ceremony.
"It was perfect for her," said Dominic Church, the minister friend.
Sjostrom carried blue and white flowers during the ceremony — the colors of the Greek flag — as she exchanged vows with Efkarpides, a 43-year-old carpenter and Navy veteran. They had met three years to the day before the Jan. 19 wedding.
During the couple's first dance, Sjostrom complained of being lightheaded. Efkarpides thought his wife, a diabetic, needed sugar, but she collapsed.
Wedding guests, paramedics and doctors at a nearby hospital were unable to revive her.
Can't imagine that happening, really feel for the guy. Especially on how he feels reading #98...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man that is terrible, I cannot even imagine this happening to someone.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh, how horrible for both of them.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yeah, that's pretty terrible. I remember reading a news article a few years ago, a wedding party was in a traffic accident, it was either on the way to the wedding, or just after the wedding, I don't remember. One of them was killed in the accident. I can't imagine dealing with that.

Latest Discussions