dream vacation?

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you could visit anywhere on earth, where would you go? Why?

I'd love to spend some time in Alaska. I'd love to visit the Aluetians, the mountains, do some climbing. Maybe some fishing :) Just a nice relaxing time...

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Overall I would love to go to Scotland. The history fascinates me and that is where my ancestors came from years ago. On a closer note and more realistic vacation with 4 kids, I can't wait to get back to a place I have been thousands of times, and never can tire of. Being 1500 miles away from "my" beaches of West Michigan has been more difficult than I thought it would be after moving to Maine. Looking forward to wiggling my toes back into the warm, squeeky clean sand and listening the the waves in front of me and the damnedable seagulls crying above me again this summer.

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Overall I would love to go to Scotland. The history fascinates me and that is where my ancestors came from years ago. On a closer note and more realistic vacation with 4 kids, I can't wait to get back to a place I have been thousands of times, and never can tire of. Being 1500 miles away from "my" beaches of West Michigan has been more difficult than I thought it would be after moving to Maine. Looking forward to wiggling my toes back into the warm, squeeky clean sand and listening the the waves in front of me and the damnedable seagulls crying above me again this summer.

I'd love to go visit Scotland also :) part of my family comes from that region...

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know if I could answer with one place. I am not a well-traveled person so there are many places I would like to visit. But when it come down to a DREAM vacation...give me the tropics baby. Something along the lines of Bora Bora or Fiji. You get the idea. :D

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thailand, hands down. They have so many beautiful Buddhist temples there. And checking out some authentic Muay Thai wouldn't be bad either ;)

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Europe!!!! Spain, France, Germany, Italy Switzerland, Greece. I would speng months maybe a year there. The history it hold, the art. Rome, the ruins in Athens, the Louvre, Madrid, the French Cathedrals. Plus part of my family is from Switzerland and I want to ski the Alps. I could go on forever but I wont

B

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Israel,

If it was good enough for god, then well what else can I say. But I am not the best person to ask when it comes to travel. I’m not big on leaving TX I have every thing I need, Pine trees on one side, the ocean on the other, to mountains and dusty plains.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Europe!!!! Spain, France, Germany, Italy Switzerland, Greece. I would speng months maybe a year there. The history it hold, the art. Rome, the ruins in Athens, the Louvre, Madrid, the French Cathedrals. Plus part of my family is from Switzerland and I want to ski the Alps. I could go on forever but I wont

B

Don't forget the island of Crete. It was the center of the oldest civiliztion in Europe.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't know if I could answer with one place. I am not a well-traveled person so there are many places I would like to visit....

Same here. I'd like to go to Korea (Seoul area). I'd be in heaven there (LOVE korean food and I do TKD). I also agree with Kempoguy. I'd like to go to Switzerland to hit the slopes. Cananda also. I'm not that far from there, but I never been there. But they have the largest (from what I've heard) community of veggies there (vegetarians .... I'm vegan). I'd love to just eat my way through Cananda hehehehehe

Oh and I'd go anywhere where it's warm and has beaches.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
The places where the key battles were fought on the Eastern Front in the Second World War......... but who am I kidding?

With 4 kids ages 8 to 18, just an evening to ourselves is the same as a Rhine Cruise to anyone else. Besides... my wife, a university professor, would spontaneously combust if unable to work for 24 hours.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Having either lived near a beach, or traveled to a beach, I always love the beach! Anywhere at all, especially if it's a warm climate. I love the crystal clear waters of the Bahamas. Boardwalks. The sights, the sounds, and the smells of being at a beach is relaxing.

Shicomm

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I allready did a trip to Japan in 2005 and it was my best travel ever!
Loads of training , nice people , great food , tons of things to see.
Just great !

In fact ; it was so good that i'll be going again in a few weeks :D

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would love to go to england or cancun!

I have always loved england because of there ghost stories and history

and cancun because it's so beautifull and breathtaking