Does anyone know a kickboxer named Andy White?

Carbon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has ever talked to or known this person. He was kickboxer and did alot of tournaments in dallas texas.

KumaSan

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry compadre, I've never heard of him. The only reference I could find on him on the web was on this site, http://www.akbba.com/ and he's only mentioned in passing there. Wish I could've been more help.

KumaSan

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
He's mentioned on the about page, here: http://www.akbba.com/about.html
and on the hdb page, here:
www.akbba.com/hdb.html

If you're using Internet Explorer, type Ctrl+f, then type in andy white and it should find it in the page for you. If you are using Netscape or some other browser, well, Ctrl+f should still work. Be warned, there's not much info on him in there, I think his name is just mentioned in passing. That's all I could pull off of google when I did a search for andy white plus kickboxing. Hope it helps, but it probably doesn't much...

Emil

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't know if it is the same Andy White but I took Tae Kwon Do from a guy named Andy White in Lubbock, TX who was a former kickboxing champion. He was there for a while teaching and training other kickboxers. Then, I think -- it's been years since I've heard the name, he moved to Midland, Tx and that is the last I've heard of him. He had an excellent kicking ability. I'd like to know what happened to him since he was my first karate instructor when I took lessons from him as a kid with my dad back in the 1980's. I remember he used to get this x-ray paper from somewhere and one person would have to hold up the sheet of x-ray paper and we kicked those things till our legs felt like they were going to fall off. I've never seen karate instructors use x-ray paper since. It made a really loud sound when you hit it just right.

larrystarr

White Belt
Reaction score
20 year old thread but hey, just in case someone else comes across it on google search like I did...

I know Andy White because he's my uncle Andy. He was a champion kickboxer for a while. My grandparents had a framed picture of him in the ring with the belt and I think it is Howard Cossel that is interviewing him. I believe it was Don (the dragon) Wilson who defeated him later for the belt. I saw that on a wikipedia page somewhere. He has a school in Lubbock and later moved to Midland. He trained a fighter in Midland who I believe also became a world champion but that fighters name escapes me at the moment. Andy said he started learning to fight when he was in Vietnam (the war), "To avoid getting on drugs" to paraphrase what he said. I think I only saw him fight once, on TV and I barely remember it. I remember him saying one of his best moves was to fake a roundhouse kick and throw a backhanded punch instead. He said he sparred with Chuck Norris once and that Norris cheap-shotted him in the back of the neck with a kick. Don't know the whole story on that one. He lives in West Texas still, around Alpine. He's an electrician and plays guitar (mostly country and blues) as a hobby.

Would be cool to find old footage of his fights but I imagine that's locked away in some NBC/ABC/CBS vaults somewhere, lost to time.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
20 year old thread but hey, just in case someone else comes across it on google search like I did...

I know Andy White because he's my uncle Andy. He was a champion kickboxer for a while. My grandparents had a framed picture of him in the ring with the belt and I think it is Howard Cossel that is interviewing him. I believe it was Don (the dragon) Wilson who defeated him later for the belt. I saw that on a wikipedia page somewhere. He has a school in Lubbock and later moved to Midland. He trained a fighter in Midland who I believe also became a world champion but that fighters name escapes me at the moment. Andy said he started learning to fight when he was in Vietnam (the war), "To avoid getting on drugs" to paraphrase what he said. I think I only saw him fight once, on TV and I barely remember it. I remember him saying one of his best moves was to fake a roundhouse kick and throw a backhanded punch instead. He said he sparred with Chuck Norris once and that Norris cheap-shotted him in the back of the neck with a kick. Don't know the whole story on that one. He lives in West Texas still, around Alpine. He's an electrician and plays guitar (mostly country and blues) as a hobby.

Would be cool to find old footage of his fights but I imagine that's locked away in some NBC/ABC/CBS vaults somewhere, lost to time.
Welcome to MartialTalk, Larrystarr.

That's a way cool story.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
He's mentioned on the about page, here: http://www.akbba.com/about.html
and on the hdb page, here:
www.akbba.com/hdb.html

If you're using Internet Explorer, type Ctrl+f, then type in andy white and it should find it in the page for you. If you are using Netscape or some other browser, well, Ctrl+f should still work. Be warned, there's not much info on him in there, I think his name is just mentioned in passing. That's all I could pull off of google when I did a search for andy white plus kickboxing. Hope it helps, but it probably doesn't much...
Internet Explorer? /Netscape?/

Was this post carried across time from 1999…?

TillyB

White Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has ever talked to or known this person. He was kickboxer and did alot of tournaments in dallas texas.
Yes I know him. I trained in Lubbock 81 to 84. He said I had potential and worked with me a lot but I partied too much. He did break my nose and I have a picture of it actually happening. Lol he’s a good man.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I know him. I trained in Lubbock 81 to 84. He said I had potential and worked with me a lot but I partied too much. He did break my nose and I have a picture of it actually happening. Lol he’s a good man.
The post you're replying too is old enough to buy booze. So I hope you're not holding your breath for them to reply...

TillyB

White Belt
Reaction score
yes I understand.
However, something brought me to this page and you never know who’s gonna read it. It could be an old friend from my dinosaur days.

TillyB

White Belt
Reaction score
yes I understand.
However, something brought me to this page and you never know who’s gonna read it. It could be an old friend from my dinosaur days.
And guess what my nickname is Tilly my last name begins with B.

Latest Discussions