Doce Pares

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone do this System?

I don't Train Doces Pares nor the Multi - System.

I do train Modern Arnis and Balintawak. Modern Arnis has Input from Balintawak and Balintawak is a Cebu Art that grew out of the Pre WWII Doces Pares & Labangon Fencing Club training.

This is a basic Abecedario (ABC's) that can be done stationary while learning the single components and for camera work.
Otherwise their usually is a stepping pattern with this.

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyone do this System?
Eskrido De Alcuizar.
Our style comes out of the Doce Pares camp. Our GM was friendly with both the Canetes and Bacon and had a firm understanding of both the movement and mindset of both.

OP
Jimmythebull

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Eskrido De Alcuizar.
Our style comes out of the Doce Pares camp. Our GM was friendly with both the Canetes and Bacon and had a firm understanding of both the movement and mindset of both.
Any Videos of it?

OP
Jimmythebull

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Honestly dig the music in this Video..as im watching it I'm like humming to myself 😄

EskrimaFan

White Belt
Reaction score
Doce Pares is good allround system. One of my friends practices it.

I prefer more the specialization style of De Campo 1-2-3 Original.

To each their own.

OP
Jimmythebull

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah more my thing, " not a 1 000 techniques but perfect a few...I like this concepts.

EskrimaFan

White Belt
Reaction score
First video is the heir of our system Jomalin Caballero. My teacher is Paolo Pagaling.

On paper the systems curriculum looks very limited and simple, but when you get the details and finer points then its a system were you can spend a lifetime in.

The video below shows Robert Parkes, who is an instructor from Australia, showing Ensayo, which is our word for Karenza. It differs a little bit from regular Karenza that you see most of the time in other styles. We throw out short burst combinations rather than a longer flowing motion.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions