dobak suggestions?

Digger70chall

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow 2 threads in one day...must be getting nervous or bored. I was thinking more about my competition coming up next month and my uniform is looking like garbage. After 50 some odd classes i suppose it's expected though. I was curious what do you guys recommend for uniforms? I'm thinking i should keep it safe with an all white uniform but the one i got when i joined is pretty cheap as far as i can tell and wore out quickly. Also i was thinking about getting the adidas TKD shoes but maybe something better is out there? How about sleeve length? sometimes the full length sleeves get caught up when i try to do a rising block, are the 3/4 length sleeves better for that?

sorry so many questions, i just want to be at my best!

J

Jim Tindell

Just get a regular TKD uniform. You're just a yellow belt.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
id go with what ever your school is selling, it may be cheap but, spending alot on a uniform right now (as a yellow belt) is kinda silly, if you want more quality maybe ask for a mid weight uniform.

OP
D

Digger70chall

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
sounds like i should stick with the schools uniform then :)
thanks for the feedback, i know what you mean. Some of those uniforms are expensive!

ajs1976

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I would ask your instructor to see if they have alternatives. My instructor has two uniforms, the one you get when you start out and a higher quality Adidas uniform. Both are all white.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree that you should speak with your instructor and ask his/her input for the right uniform for you at this stage in your training. Most dojang rely on the extra income from the sales of uniforms & sparring equipment. You show your loyalty and support for your dojang by purchasing quality equipment through your instructor.

If it is an Adidas that you want, their uniforms are readily available through a plethora of suppliers-I am confident that your instructor has an account at one or more of them.

Miles

Aqua4ever

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Add my .02 in
If you're doing patterns in the tourney, and you plan on sticking with tkd for awhile, you might want to get a heavier uniform, they look sharper and "snap" nicely when executing punches and or kicks. THey are however a little more difficult to move in, you would want to practice before hand. I just got one before starting competitions and love it, it also will last you longer! I still use the lightweight for sparring though
Aqua

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't get a heavyweight like the Ironman uniform, its too heavy and hot! You need a loose medium weight for TKD.

The Adidas Champion uniform is $49. + 9.25 for shipping from http://www.otomix.com/ Its a white ribbed uniform that's great. It used to be the old mainstay but is getting hard to find. It snaps very well for forms. I have three of those. Be sure to order the white/white v-neck. I don't order much from them but shoes and uniforms but these are the best prices as this uniform is sold for $70.+ from my instructor and around that from Century Martial Arts catalog. TW

J

Jim Tindell

Some of the Adidas ones on the net are bootlegs. Dumb, but true.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think these are the real ones as they come with the little Korean card with funny sounding English on how to wash the uniform. I don't think they would be sending catalogs with them always on the back page. They've been selling these for years. TW

Latest Discussions