Did You Guys Know About This...?

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Not directly, but there have been a few comments on a couple of threads of people alluding to it.

BTW, 2 months for domestic abuse assault? WTF?

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score
...He was charged with attacking his girlfriend, who was then three months' pregnant, by dragging her on the ground, pulling her hair and kicking her stomach at his home in Hong Kong on March 30...

He is clearly innocent! If the judge had any knowledge of Wing Chun, he would know that the charges seriously violate the principles of Wing Chun! :mst:

If he truly is guilty, he should be skinned alive 4 square inches of skin at a time, once per day! I have absolutely nothing but ill will towards men that beat women, let alone PREGNANT WOMEN! :barf::whip1::shooter:

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Apparently , the latest is that he was having an affair with Tiger Woods as well.
So! Tell me something new. Like, who hasn't had an affair with Tiger?
icon7.gif

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
After the judgement was read out, Leung raised his hands and shouted ?objection?. He even blurted out the word "********" at the judge. That's what I like. Don't hold back you emotions ... and always lead by example!! :rofl:

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe he will learn some real fighting in jail

Or maybe he'll get to practice new applications of the final movement of Biu Tze form... you know, the "bend over and pick up the soap" movement, followed by "Whoo hoo! and wave arms wildly".

Seriously though, I'm glad the association I belong to has severed all connections with the man and now uses the spelling "Ving Tsun" in deference to Great Grandmaster Yip Man who used that translation.

OP
K

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Or maybe he'll get to practice new applications of the final movement of Biu Tze form... you know, the "bend over and pick up the soap" movement, followed by "Whoo hoo! and wave arms wildly".

Seriously though, I'm glad the association I belong to has severed all connections with the man and now uses the spelling "Ving Tsun" in deference to Great Grandmaster Yip Man who used that translation.

Maybe he can start a WT club in prison and franchise it out to all the other prisons...

I'm sure they will make a movie on this topic...

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe he can start a WT club in prison and franchise it out to all the other prisons...

I'm sure they will make a movie on this topic...

That was the funniest comment I've read on this forum in a long time.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score

So what you're saying is this is a defense against the long pole...I never realized.
Still, the man is a "great grandmaster", maybe we should all take up a collection and send him some soap on a rope.

Laoshi77

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Sad story of a man who obviously should know better!

So by some of the comments on this thread Leung Ting seems to be a phony then? I was never sure about this guy but I guess your comments are telling.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
As a MA, LT is very skilled and knowledgable. So I, for one, am in no way questioning his ability or saying he is a phony.
I did however take a cheap shot (which I now regret) in my post from the other day. So if anyone was offended, my apologies.

The controversy with LT is complex. It goes back to his days in Hong Kong when he was training privately with Yip Man. From what I hear, many of Yip Man's older students didn't like the fact that this young upstart was getting private training from the man himself. Then when he starting teaching the gwaii lo, that was defintely a big no no.
And of course there are those that resent/oppose his whole business approach to teaching MA.
I only met LT 8 or 9 times over the course of a 10 year period, and he was always cordial and very open when teaching. I have heard many who are closer to him and know him quite well say that this whole controversy that is now going on is no surprise to them.

qwksilver61

Black Belt
Reaction score
On that note...correct me if I am wrong,I believe GGM Ting patented his art (sort of but not really),according to his newest declaration, this applies to anyone using his name and his grading system,which is exclusive to Wing Tsun only.I am not defending him,This is only what I have gathered.I believe he will go after other schools who use his trademark name and grading system.My two cents.....

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score
Apparently , the latest is that he was having an affair with Tiger Woods as well.

I got more respect for Tiger....not a lot, but still more.

I wonder if Ting stayed withing the principles of Wing Chun whilst smacking around the girl and unborn child?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
On that note...correct me if I am wrong,I believe GGM Ting patented his art (sort of but not really),according to his newest declaration, this applies to anyone using his name and his grading system,which is exclusive to Wing Tsun only.I am not defending him,This is only what I have gathered.I believe he will go after other schools who use his trademark name and grading system.My two cents.....

You are correct. He will go after others using his particualar WT spelling with lawsuits. Unless you are willing to pony up some big bucks to fight him in court, the wiser thing to do is just not use his spelling. Besides, after this shameful affair ...who would want to?

Oh, and regarding his skill, for the record, I have great respect for his knowledge. That's what makes the rest of this stuff so sad and frustrating.

OP
K

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have no respect for the guy. The guy is a nasty bit of work and I talk from personal experience. Ironically, I know a couple of Wt instructors and they are great guys - they are the ones who will suffer most from all this (apart from the victm and her family)

Ting has no respect for others and that is why he hasnt earnt my respect

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have no respect for the guy. The guy is a nasty bit of work and I talk from personal experience. Ironically, I know a couple of Wt instructors and they are great guys - they are the ones who will suffer most from all this (apart from the victm and her family)

Ting has no respect for others and that is why he hasnt earnt my respect

Well with any luck, those guys will join me and my friends in our outcast circle of kung-fu brothers raised by an abusive kung-fu father. Kamon, there were a lot of great people who practiced WT, but the best, in my opinion, all bailed on LT a long time ago!

OP
K

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well with any luck, those guys will join me and my friends in our outcast circle of kung-fu brothers raised by an abusive kung-fu father. Kamon, there were a lot of great people who practiced WT, but the best, in my opinion, all bailed on LT a long time ago!

Exactly my point. Ting has tried to claim that many chunners who previously trained under WT owe everything to him and his system. Usually they are good chunners because of their personality and their desire to be good at what they do.

Bozteppi always commented on how a lot of his wing chun was actually derived from other things that he did, rather than what his instructors taught him

Latest Discussions