DF: Gong fu used for combat

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Gong fu used for combat
By Tom Yum - Sat, 15 Mar 2008 08:28:39 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

Here's an instructor of the Gong fu san soo system teaching Recon Marines.

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed

Last edited by a moderator:

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is a great look at the principles of Kung Fu San Soo (Jimmy H Woo was the Founder) in action. Note there are no preset techniques, the instructor is just combining movements as he goes.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for these San Soo guys. They really understand what the business end of a MA looks like. The whole point&#8212;biomechanics rules: you have to apply power in the particular way that lets you get maximum leverage out of each tech&#8212;is one that I think needs to be taught to students from the very earliest days.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for these San Soo guys. They really understand what the business end of a MA looks like. The whole point—biomechanics rules: you have to apply power in the particular way that lets you get maximum leverage out of each tech—is one that I think needs to be taught to students from the very earliest days.
Yep, that's my experience with KFSS, exile. BTW, that's why it looks almost magical to a n00b. When I first saw a small demo live, it was jaw dropping. It's only later that you learn the *super secret*, that the magic is just blood, sweat, and tears from being the dummy for your partner to practice all those applications of power using leverage. Pain is a great teacher. :D Kinda like the guy who served as the dummy in the vid. :) Even at walk-through speed, that hurts. :cool:

Xue Sheng said:
I like San Soo :EG:
You probably recognize its roots in some of the stuff you practice?? I'm just guessing here, since we know so little about KFSS's beginnings in China. :idunno: