Designated Troll

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Has it ever occurred to forum members that there are two kinds of troll: the drive-through (and usually banished) and the 'official' ones that are tolerated? Kinda like, let them spin their wheels in some non-relevant section and if we can't ignore them at least we know where they are?

Or am I the last one to discover this? :duh:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Personally, I think of the latter as the forum "heels" (in the Professional Wrestling sense of the term). While the heel does like to troll for reaction and stir the pot, there is a definite difference between a troll and a forum heel.

And, as is often the case, the heel isn't the one technically breaking the rules. As with most arguments and fights, it's the person who throws the second punch or takes the second swipe who often bears the brunt of the punishment.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
To further expand on Steve's, Pro Wrestling heel comparison, I think there are Hulk Hogan types that do occasional stints as a heel for fun, but for the most part try to stay above that fray and remain beloved by many.

:)

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
let them spin their wheels in some non-relevant section and if we can't ignore them at least we know where they are

I know you're talking about the LPT aren't you??? :)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some people are very smart about knowing where the line is and how to stay just barely on the safe side of it.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, if we're using wrestler jargon, and have faces and heels, who are the 'jobbers' :)

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Personally, I think of the latter as the forum "heels" (in the Professional Wrestling sense of the term). While the heel does like to troll for reaction and stir the pot, there is a definite difference between a troll and a forum heel.

And, as is often the case, the heel isn't the one technically breaking the rules. As with most arguments and fights, it's the person who throws the second punch or takes the second swipe who often bears the brunt of the punishment.

Has someone peeked at my profile?

:robvandam

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What...there's a peaker around here, and its not you??? :eek:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What...there's a peaker around here, and its not you??? :eek:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can't decide whether 'peaker' is a spelling mistake when you mean peeker or someone who is at their peak around here LOL! But then I do have a dirty mind....thank goodness...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Has it ever occurred to forum members that there are two kinds of troll: the drive-through (and usually banished) and the 'official' ones that are tolerated? Kinda like, let them spin their wheels in some non-relevant section and if we can't ignore them at least we know where they are?

Or am I the last one to discover this? :duh:

Harlan,

I am sorry, I did not mean to keep you out of the loop while I played Devil's Advocate.

Latest Discussions