Design Belt Calligraphy

kiai

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is anybody aware of a website where you can effectively "design" your own belt with the golden calligraphy? I'd love to make a kick-*** looking black belt online that I'd like to get once I earn it :) There are other sites which allow custom t-shirts and stuff, but haven't found any that you can do belts with..

Ta!

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There are several places you can get custom embroidery on your belt with. What style do you practice? Are you looking for "top quality" belts?

Bear Brand makes a high quality belt that you can get embroidered. They can embroider in English, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese, and they come in a couple different widths. They will also do translations for you if you do not know the languages.

http://www.bearbrandinc.com/Custom-Embroidery_ep_28.html

They aren't "cheap" though, I had to get a new belt once I earned my masters (5th Dan) and it was around $65. However, that could be due to my rank and the width of the belt. They can quote you better than I can.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
I bought my belt from a martial arts supplies store and took it to an embroider who just works from home, she did a great job and put my club name in english on one side and my name in korean on the other and the whole lot cost me about $50 and the best part was that the lot got done in under 24 hours. I found that "martial arts" embroidery seems to cost more than normal embroidery for some reason and seems to take ages. My advice is find a good local embroider and bring the belt to them, quality job done cheap and quick.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
MTI Trading will translate it for you in Chinese, Japanese (kanji/katakana/hiragana) or Korean. You can just tell them what you want it to say, and they'll do the rest.

OP
K

kiai

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, I'll look into these.

Right now though really, I'm just looking for a way to mess about and create a "mock" belt that I could get in future once I've earned it - I was hoping for some sort of site analogous to zazzle.co.uk, but for karate belts instead of t-shirts, but I guess photoshop will probably do really!

Latest Discussions