Demo Music Problem. HELP!!!!

deadhand31

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The 7th layer of Hell. Wisconsin, to the rest of y
Ok, my school is preparing a demo for our inter-school tourney this week. Normally, we've used hard rock and heavy metal, and have taken first place more times than any other school. Because of this, My sabunim has allowed my posabunim and the students free reign in demo planning. However, this demo, my Sabunim said that he didn't want any rock music. Songs that he wanted were "Who let the dogs out" by Baha men, and Pink's "Let's get this party started". No WAY does anyone want to go out and perform a demo to these songs. Now, I'm looking for someone who's used widely known dance/techno music in there demos that might be able to substitute these songs for songs in a similar vein, so both parties can be happy about this.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, my school is preparing a demo for our inter-school tourney this week. Normally, we've used hard rock and heavy metal, and have taken first place more times than any other school. Because of this, My sabunim has allowed my posabunim and the students free reign in demo planning. However, this demo, my Sabunim said that he didn't want any rock music. Songs that he wanted were "Who let the dogs out" by Baha men, and Pink's "Let's get this party started". No WAY does anyone want to go out and perform a demo to these songs. Now, I'm looking for someone who's used widely known dance/techno music in there demos that might be able to substitute these songs for songs in a similar vein, so both parties can be happy about this.

My son used a sponge bob square pants techno remix one time :rofl:

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
What about that song Jeff Speakman used for the opening kata sequence in Perfect Weapon?

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have used Wang Chun "Everybody have fun tonight", "Sadness" by Enigma. I have also seen Depeche Mode used with good success.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
What about that song Jeff Speakman used for the opening kata sequence in Perfect Weapon?

That would be "The Power" by Snap.

I would suggest that you get The Crystal Method cd, "Vegas." It has several songs that would be great. You should also check on dance re-mixes. If you had the time and money you could get some music re-mixed for you.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
high energy, kind of upbeat stuff like baha men and pink. with solid bass.

try any taebo/kardio kickbox cd out there. it'll have pretty solid stuff along those lines.

Latest Discussions