Datu Kelly Worden Seminar at Modern Arnis of Ohio

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Modern Arnis of Ohio will host Datu and GM Kelly Worden on Saturday August 6th from 9-4 pm. We may also have an intensive knife class on Friday night. More details and a flier to follow soon. There will be a free travel wrench and handbok or DVD for those who pre register.
Respectfully,
Dan McConnell
Modern Arnis of Ohio
614-771-5599

Seigi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Awesome News...

I hope i can attend?

Peace :whip:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Definately cool.
Columbus is only 5 hrs away from me. :)

HenchmanNoNameTag

White Belt
Reaction score
Can't wait for this one.

If you have the means to attend, I would highly recommend it. Datu Worden's blade work is absolutely awesome.

The Henchman

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Attaching the seminar flyer for Dan.

Looks like a good event.

Attachments

• $Ohio Seminar Flyer PDF.pdf
    240.7 KB · Views: 261

Andrew Evans

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Datu Kelly Worden is awesome.

Only three people I have personally trained with move very similar to the way GM Remy Presas did. One of them is Datu Kelly. I highly urge those who can attend to check him out.

Respectfully,
Andrew

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks like I'll have a couple people from Detriot attending the event.

:)

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
??? Are you involved in the event, Datu Hartman?

No, I have my Instructors camp the same weekend. A couple of the non-instructors might be attending the Ohio event.

James Miller

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
??? Are you involved in the event, Datu Hartman?

Wouldn't that be a interesting seminar to attend. I'd pay to see that!

:) :supcool: :ultracool

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
For those interested in this seminar;
Please see the flier attached above. All of the information is contained therein. If interested in the Friday night intensive knife class, one must contact me to pre register for it. This event is hosted by Modern Arnis of Ohio, that's me. Also, note that if one pre registers for the Saturday seminar, they will recieve a Travel Wrench and book compliments of Datu Worden. The Friday intensive knife class and the Saturday seminar are separate.
Thank you,
Dan McConnell
Modern Arnis of Ohio

James Patrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I may be able to attend. My instructor Paul is getting together a small group and intends to support Mr. McConnell and Mr. Worden. This should be a great time!

James

D

Datu Kelly S. Worden

Loonking forward to the upcoming event in Ohio,,, Friday night looks to be a great opportunity for Wortac Knife Tactics to be introduced to the region.

I have had several inquiries and yes, the knife sparring will also be covered.

Dan McConnell has organized a solid event and I am more than happy to focus on some requests in regards to demonstrating different elements of the arts I teach. Centerline Double Stick material from Sonny Umpad is always an eye opener, as well as the Modern Arnis anyo interpretations that "Mark the Boar man" has discussed in different posts. I will also be bringing out the newest DVD productions, Special Forces Machete, Kickboxing for Street Defense #1 and # 2, as well as Double Stick 1.5 Applications and translations.

A couple NSI Brudders will also be rolling in to share in the training,,, Looks like a most excellent time!

See you soon,

Datu Kelly

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Update:
Things are coming together for this seminar. We have SWAT trainers, a couple of Doctors, LEO's, Lawyer, Military personal, perhaps a SEAL Team trainer and others. All with their own understanding and experiences. I think their cups will be filled. As mentioned earlier, this will be the first time that Datu Worden will be in this region and the material will be top notch. There is still room if anyone is considering attending.
Rock on,
Dan McConnell
Modern Arnis of Ohio
Hilliard Martial Arts Center

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I would echo Mao's comments with regard to the upcoming Datu Kelly Worden seminar on the first weekend of August. There have been several inquiries from out of state from other folks who would like to learn from Kelly. Looks like there is a good buzz going on here with regard to this seminar as folks are excited about the chance to meet him for the first time. If you have the chance, come to Columbus for some fun !!

:asian:

Take care,
Brian Johns
Columbus, Ohio

D

Datu Kelly S. Worden

Looking forward to hitting the Hilliard training center in a few weeks. The seminar looks pretty good and is bringing in some of my students from around the area.

Rich Troutman is a long time NSI player who has been focusing on the knife for over 10 years in the NSI system, he has also trained with Hock, and Vunak prior to joining NSI.

Dr. Jeff Cooper is a 30 year practitioner of Traditional Goju Ryu, Aikido and other arts who joined NSI about 8 years ago. He was transferred to a ER Facility in Ohio a couple years ago and I haven't had the opportunity to train with him, he does make it to the hilliard center from time to time so that has been a good exchange of information for Dan and his group.

A few of Mike Janich's students will also be attending!

Also rolling in is one of the former 1 st. Special Forces Group team members. Ed worked for a long time with Thopher Ricketts in the Bakbakan arts, he is now a Air Marshal trainer.

Dr. Sullivan is hitting the scene, a great accupunturist, Chinese Medicine practitioner who teaches NSI in Springfield IL. Jim is also former Blackhawk Pilot from Dessert Storm with some pretty hairy stories. Greg Kelly is a 20 year NSI player rolling in from L.A.

Dan McConnell is working the local scene so hopefully we should have a solid group of practitioners to share the art.

Apparently Rich Parsons is also attending, Andrew Evans mentioned his attendance in Kansas at the recent Remy Presas Jr. MARPPIO seminar, Rich is making the rounds which is a good thing. Rich always provides some good insight in the forum discussions it will be good to finally met him.

O.K., Kelvis may show up as well so if ya have any requests,,, just let 'em roll...
Datu Kelly

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
A bump up as this seminar is just days away. Come on down if you can...this should rock !

Take care,
Brian Johns
Columbus, Ohio

Latest Discussions