Dan Grading

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many on this broad certifies through either the Kukkiwon or USA Tae Kwon do or the WTF or ITF, AAU, USSSSA or House certs. Not looking for arguments about what association is better just wondering how everybody certtifies through students I relize Gups are normanally a house certification but what do you do for your BB. I use the USA TKD before you guys ask. Thanks ahead of time.
Terry L Stoker
Twin Dragons MAS

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have not tested for BB in TKD yet, but I have the option of testing in ITA, ITF, and USMAA. I am already a 5th Dan with the USMAA and I received my 1st thru 4th as "house" certifications. As a member of the USMAA I always have the option of testing in the styles I train in with the testing board made up of members that are ranked in the style I am testing for rank in. My TKD rank will most likely remain as a house cert., but I may test with the USMAA at a later time. I like the personal touch that comes from your instructor giving you your rank, but I also like the chance to test before an independant board of instructors to see that they think of my level of skill.

J

JanneM

I have Kukkiwon dibloma.

WTF doesn't give any grades (these days).

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JanneM said:
I have Kukkiwon dibloma.

WTF doesn't give any grades (these days).
Yea I know WTF is just a body not a grading factory

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dear Sir,

As per the ITF...If you train under an ITF Instructor (4th Dan or greater) he can test and issue ITF certificates up to half his rank. Therefore a 4th Dan can sign certificates up to the 2nd degree, a 6th Dan can sign up to a 3rd, etc.

Based on this criteria it is not uncommon for ITF students to have ITF (or NGB) certificates at the BB level. On the same note a "House Certificate" signed by an ITF II INstructor is exchangable for an ITF cert at anytime...as long as the promotion is granted by no less than a 4th Dan and to no more than half their rank!

TAEKWON!

SpooKeY

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
My students receive Kukkiwon certificates. I have applied for them directly to Kukkiwon and through the USAT. I don't issue school certificates.

Miles

Shu2jack

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many on this broad certifies through either the Kukkiwon or USA Tae Kwon do or the WTF or ITF, AAU, USSSSA or House certs...
None of the above. :p

Shu2jack

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sad in what way? Out of all the options given, our Dan certificates simply don't fall under any of them.

Our Dan, and color belt, certificates are recoginzed in an organization of 300,000+ members, and ATA-affiliated organizations around the world. I'm not gloating, but I fail to see how it "is sad".

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shujack I forgot to mention the ATA your right they are one big organization, my humble apologies.

Terry Lee Stoker

Shu2jack

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Nothing to apologize about. I realize the ATA is kind of a "loner" TKD organization and we don't really have much representation on these forums.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everything I've ever read or heard about them was a great experience, but you are right not to many on this forum.

Han-Mi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Our certificates are through the WTF but not through the Kukkiwon Directly. Sorta In house i suppose.

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dear Sir,

It is safe to say that you will receive straight USTF certificates...the USTF is no
longer the NGB of the ITF. The USTF is now a stand alone organization!

TAEKWON!
SpooKey

J

JanneM

Han-Mi and jkdhit I would like to see a copy of your WTF certificate.
Just to be curious how they looked when WTF was issuing black belt certificates in late 70's and early 80's.
You guys must have been in TKD for a long long time.
Pilsung!

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WTF/Kukkiwon for BB's.

Colored belts are in-house, but because they are Yong-In certified, they're acknowledged at any Yong-In associated school.

Han-Mi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
JanneM said:
Han-Mi and jkdhit I would like to see a copy of your WTF certificate.
Just to be curious how they looked when WTF was issuing black belt certificates in late 70's and early 80's.
You guys must have been in TKD for a long long time.
Pilsung!
Nah, I just didn't elaborate because I was Tired. The Grand Master sanctions our certification through the WTF and was originally CDK when WTF began. Because of the expense of Kukkiwon certification, My instructor only does our certification through the Grand Master who actually is on the "board" in the WTF. He tested in Korea for his 4th dan and was judged by the grandmasters of the Kukkiwon, but still did not recieve Kukkiwon certification(again, because of the cost) So I guess it is Inderectly WTF.

Does that make sense?:idunno: I'm tired agains. So let me know if you need more info on it.

Latest Discussions