Cyndi Lauper - The Body Acoustic

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Cyndi Lauper released a sort-of 'Greatest Hits - Acoustic' album in November.

I caught her concert in Lowell, Mass last night. What a thrill. She is just such a talented musician and an outstanding performer. Her band was excellent. The music was excellent. And the night was just plain "fun".

There is a new song on the album, 'Above the Clouds', which is every bit as wonderful as 'Time after Time'. You can hear it on her website.

Anyhow ... here's a plug ... www.cyndilauper.com

Also at the show, Jill Sobule opened, and Sandra Burnhardt performed. Incidentally, Sandra Burnhardt sang a couple of tunes; she, too, has a great voice. That was surprising.

I think the tour is over ... sorry for all who missed it.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm glad you had a good time. I've never been into Cyndi's music much but I've only heard what was on the radio.

I mostly remember her from her "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" days. She is very talented though.

Anything healthy that lets us escape from our day's worries is a great thing indeed. Glad you found that escape recently.

Aqua4ever

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Time after Time has to be one of my favourite songs..it's just linked to an amazing time in my life, and it fits so many situations. I'm glad you got to have just a completly fun time wtih really good music!
Aqua

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is showing your age
I happen to like most of her music.
Terry

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Her music has always been outstanding ... although, I thought she was a bit flighty for my tastes, twenty years ago.

I will say this ... at the risk of being a sexist pig ... Cyndi is I think on the other side of fifty years old now ... she's awfully sexy .... she had her belly-button exposed during the concert .. woo woo ... And she had a tremendous amount of energy as she danced around the stage barefoot.

Way more appealing than Lindsey Lohan, at least to me.

Latest Discussions