Custom Gi?

B

black heart

i've got a simple question do any of you guys know any company that could make custom gi, just need the info. thank you

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Traditional or non-traditional? If I need one for tourneys or for a student that is on a toruney team I use Bold Look.

Ella

<B>Banned User - Multiple Accounts / Previously Ba
Reaction score
if you are looking for a custom size, I personally find it cheaper to buy a regular gi, closest larger size, and then have it hemmed locally. It also is a better fit.

OP
B

black heart

i just got plans for the future i am hoping in one day opening my own dojo and i have an idea for the gi that i want to design

Chizikunbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i just got plans for the future i am hoping in one day opening my own dojo and i have an idea for the gi that i want to design

What are your ideas? To help we need more info...as stated above just the colors and embroidery or the cut and style? Traditional or Non-Traditional???
This is sooooo dependent on what it is you actually want, so help us to help you ;-)
--josh

OP
B

black heart

i would like to use digital patterns of camuflage like the armed forces are using, also the same matterial, it is light weight and breathable

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i would like to use digital patterns of camuflage like the armed forces are using, also the same matterial, it is light weight and breathable

As AoG stated, Century Custom may be the most accomodating for you. They can do it for a reasonable price, and get the uniforms ready in probably the shortest time.

Satori may also be able to do something for you, but at a higher price.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
As AoG stated, Century Custom may be the most accomodating for you. They can do it for a reasonable price, and get the uniforms ready in probably the shortest time.

Satori may also be able to do something for you, but at a higher price.
Also, if you check when you're actually closer to opening -- you may find someone is already making them with similar materials and patterning.

Let me throw one question at you, though... Why do you feel that you need to redesign the color and pattern of the uniform? If you're going that far, maybe you ought to scrap traditional uniforms anyway, and do something else, like actually using BDUs? I personally don't require new students to buy what could become an overpriced pair of funny looking pajamas until they've been training for a bit and are likely to stick around long enough for it to be worth buying the uniform. A custom uniform is going to be more expensive...

OP
B

black heart

Let me throw one question at you, though... Why do you feel that you need to redesign the color and pattern of the uniform? If you're going that far, maybe you ought to scrap traditional uniforms anyway, and do something else, like actually using BDUs? I personally don't require new students to buy what could become an overpriced pair of funny looking pajamas until they've been training for a bit and are likely to stick around long enough for it to be worth buying the uniform. A custom uniform is going to be more expensive...Today 05:30 PM

this is just an idea that i have for something i want to do in the future, i don't want to use military uniforms because they have pockets, zipper, bottons and velcro that could be uncorftable in some situations also any body at first glance might think i am training civilians to be Soldiers and that is not the idea

Latest Discussions