cross bows

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a cheapo little pistol crossbow that I shoot in my basement I bought from Service Merchandise when I was a teenager. I still pull it out from time to time.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i used to have a barnet trident. i'm thinking of geting something similar again.

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I keep a couple of those cheap pistol ones in the house also. They are fun to take out and play with when I go camping
I would like to get a 150 pund pull large crossbow and try it some day

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have an old wooden stock, compound bow cross bow, 200 pounder. Have had it for almost 15 yeras and used to use it on my uncle's farm hunting deer but mainly rabbits, rodents that got in the sights. It's in the cupboard back home and now I've seen your post I'm itching to get another.

Me and a mate also had light weight pistol ones which were awesome for tacking hiking and camping - again, great for taking out possums, rabbits, rats etc.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Love the Crossbow and yes I have several top of the line ones all 200 lbs or more each. It is shall we say a great tool for any archer.

If you take this link to my website page and scroll down to the Archery Pictures there is a link to some video of an Archery and Tomahawk seminar we held up here and that has some crossbow footage as well!

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Now tomahawk action sounds like a lot of fun, must be real satisfying getting that blade to bite in on a good throw!!

Bikewr

Orange Belt
Reaction score
For many years (since my teens, really) I wanted to build a crossbow. Last year, after completing a couple of other projects, I put together a medieval-style crossbow using a wooden bow I made from red oak.

This was essentially a prototype, it only pulls around 50 pounds but works fine.
I had intended to make a "serious" medieval weapon, using one of the commercially-made prods (bows) from Alchem. However, money has become a problem....
May do it yet.

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have some crossbows. Wouldn't part with them for anything, but I guess I say that about all my weapons!

David

Latest Discussions