Creating new styles/forms/techniques

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"Cloaking" intent is more than just throwing a feint. In Yiliquan, we are taught "never to feint," since any feint should be thrown as if it were the real technique (since it may well land, and if it does so with all the power of a falling leaf, you might find yourself in a bad place pretty quickly...). So we find ourselves only throwing "the real technique" with every single technique thrown.

"Cloaking" intent has much more to do with quieting the mind and not thinking about throwing any particular technique... The technique actually feels like it is pulled out of you, rather than it being something you planned on doing.

Cool stuff, but I still have a long way to go.

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

OP
J

Jill666

Nice clarification.

BTW, I'm not ignoring your question re: Ninpo stances, just reflecting. I'm having a difficult time putting the idea into words. Will get back on that.

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by chufeng
....It seems "magical" but it is something each of you can do.
It requires a regimen of qigong combined with sensitivity drills.
Sifu Starr has a specific training method which includes staff and belt work...PM me if you want the specifics...
Chufeng,
It would be an honor to read about your training method. Please forward at your convenience. Much appreciated.

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yiliquan1
"Cloaking" intent is more than just throwing a feint. In Yiliquan, we are taught "never to feint," since any feint should be thrown as if it were the real technique (since it may well land, and if it does so with all the power of a falling leaf, you might find yourself in a bad place pretty quickly...). So we find ourselves only throwing "the real technique" with every single technique thrown.

"Cloaking" intent has much more to do with quieting the mind and not thinking about throwing any particular technique... The technique actually feels like it is pulled out of you, rather than it being something you planned on doing.

Cool stuff, but I still have a long way to go.

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

A Poker face? Or the Vulcan's emotionless demeanor? lol