KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I found this amusing...:D
swmagnum.jpg

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I sure wish they would make that Smith 40 in stainless. No trigger lock and that grip safety. P+.38 to. Yea I'd buy one of them... maybe two!

Notice how they played up Dirty Harry without using his trademarked name! Good move.

Deaf

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have to ask, and I'm not being a smart ***, what in the world is the appeal of this gun other than the fact that it is deafening and makes exit big holes. The recoil is brutal, the balance isn't very nice, it's heavy, awkward. Why do men buy these? None of the shooters I know own these other than just cause they are noise makers. Not a competition weapon. So why then?
Lori M

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have to ask, and I'm not being a smart ***, what in the world is the appeal of this gun other than the fact that it is deafening and makes exit big holes. The recoil is brutal, the balance isn't very nice, it's heavy, awkward. Why do men buy these? None of the shooters I know own these other than just cause they are noise makers. Not a competition weapon. So why then?
Lori M

Because it will stop a man in his tracks. S&W is a great company with high quality guns. And believe it or not not all people want a gun for competition, some want it to kill intruders or attackers. And that gun will stop em'. Especially with hollow points. :) I have a S&W .357 short barrell that I love. When I was working in the prison system we used a S&W .357 long barrell but used .38 cal bulletts.

OP
KenpoTex

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
also...handgun hunting (which has continued to grow more and more popular in recent years), and the fact that some people enjoy shooting a big handgun and experiencing the noise and recoil.

I don't feel that something like the .44 magnum (or larger) are good choices for SD/HD for the vast majority of people due to the recoil (therefore, much slower follow-up shots) but if someone want's to own one for hunting or just goofing off, more power to them.

Thankfully, the only reason someone really needs is "because I want one."

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The "cause I want one" is fine with me. Come on, I "need" a Grendel? In Canada, to hunt deer? ( that is how it's registered, a "hunting" rifle"):uhyeah:
I always figures it was the boys and their big noisy toys, like hubby wanting a Barrett Light 50. ( Well that's what smufflies are for.) The bigger and the noisier the better. I'm good with that.
Lori

Latest Discussions