Coming To The States...

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My flight is booked - 22nd July - 2nd August and I'll be staying in Chicago

I should have a bit of free time if any of you guys in the US want to meet up and play

If there are any cool WC schools in Chicago worth visiting, please let me know

hunt1

Green Belt
Reaction score
Phil Nearing is in Chicago and is a student of Sam Kwok's so I would think that would be a comfortable visit for you.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I should have a bit of free time if any of you guys in the US want to meet up and play

If there are any cool WC schools in Chicago worth visiting, please let me know
---------------------------------------------------
Windy City Wing Chun (google it) is in the Chicago area. They will be different from what you do possibly.But it is upto you- depending on your curiosity.

joy chaudhuri

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Well, after all the time I've spent exchanging posts with you, Kamon, I'd certainly want to meet with you over a beer, but Arizona is nearly as far from Chicago as Greece is from England, and were damned near as broke too! Maybe you'll get out West on your next visit. Anyway, Chicago is nice in the summer. Phoenix isn't! Have fun. --Steve

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My Sifu has connections with another EBMAS branch in Chicago, The main sifu is a decorated officer, taught my sifu how to shoot a gun, anyways, I'd be more than happy to Get some contact info for ya if interested/have the time.

OP
K

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
All info is appreciated and I love all kinds of wing chun. As I have always said - it doesnt matter what style you do or what changes you make, what never impresses me is when someone claims to be the 'best' and isnt

I dont mind if a school does half an hour dancerise etc, as long as it doesnt claim to be the 'most deadly fighting style on the planet'...!

That was my beef with some of the guys in Hong kong - they all claimed to be the best, which is why I got frustrated when their chi sao wasnt great.

You can learn anything from any school and most have their own unique quality. I love learning and developing things I havent seen before and it will be an honour to train in the US

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You can learn anything from any school and most have their own unique quality. I love learning and developing things I havent seen before...

IMO it's this attitude that makes this about the only WC forum worth visiting. I have some close martial-arts associates who are great guys and more knowledgeable than I, but I haven't encouraged them to join us here precisely because they don't share this openness!

OP
K

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
IMO it's this attitude that makes this about the only WC forum worth visiting. I have some close martial-arts associates who are great guys and more knowledgeable than I, but I haven't encouraged them to join us here precisely because they don't share this openness!

Ah man, thats a shame. I think people need to sometimes get a bit humble. I often love training with beginners at Kamon as they often surprise you (whereas advanced grades I always train with tend to know my strategies and vice versa).

I have seen some interesting things on my travels, and usually from the unlikeliest of places. i dont have all the answers and probably never will, but I will train with anyone who has a good attitude and open mind

I would love to get everyone on this forum together for a seminar, with each person doing a little presentation on what they do and what they like about training. We all have peers and we all have people who look up to us.

Its nice to see that guys like Matsu who have only been training a short while, think of things I wouldnt have thought of, which makes this forum very valuable (unlike some other ego-centric/political forums)

knuckleheader

Green Belt
Reaction score

I hope kamon guy has a nice visit here. Too bad he's not coming to N. E. Pa. I'd be glad to show off my area.

Latest Discussions