Combat Survey

S

scobuc1

Hi,

I'm new to this site so hope I don't cause offence! As a senior university lecturer, I am conducting a widescale academic research project into the martial arts, specifically looking at the motivation and benefits people derive through training. As far as I know, this is the first international survey of its kind.

I would appreciate it if you could spare a few minutes to complete a survey at:

http://www.combatsurvey.com

I am hoping for this site to develop and in turn share findings which should benefit the martial arts community.

Kind regards,

Scott

scottcatchot

Green Belt
Reaction score
Surveys done, hope it helps. It would be cool if you posted the results

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First off welcome as a new member and one should introduce themself in the newbie section and I hope my servey will help your goals sir.
terry

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting - I would like to see the results when you are done collecting data.

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
scobuc1 said:
Hi,

I'm new to this site so hope I don't cause offence! As a senior university lecturer, I am conducting a widescale academic research project into the martial arts, specifically looking at the motivation and benefits people derive through training. As far as I know, this is the first international survey of its kind.

I would appreciate it if you could spare a few minutes to complete a survey at:

http://www.combatsurvey.com

I am hoping for this site to develop and in turn share findings which should benefit the martial arts community.

Kind regards,

Scott
Done also - I wonder what the objectives of your research are? Like others, I'd be interested to know!

Jagermeister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I just finished it. I'm guessing you will be comparing the results of MA practicioners against the results of people involved in other excercise-related hobbies. What are you really trying to look at with these surveys?

Dan G

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi Scott,

The survey sounds like a good idea. Which University and what department is backing the survey, what do you lecture in?

I also notice that the ethical statment makes no mention regarding commercial/marketing use of the data collected.

I don't personally have any axe to grind with collecting anonymous info for commercial purposes - especially if it helps fund useful work, but it might help you to make the position clear.

Respectfully,

Dan

Latest Discussions